cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMR (Cloud) User receives error videoconference resource could not be booked in Cisco TMS

Daniel Martins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gang,

Other users seem to be rolling with CMR Hybrid so I've posted this one for Cloud. This particular user - CMR enabled - received the following error (seconds after accepting the meeting):

Error:

The videoconference resource could not be booked in Cisco TMS.

You cannot book a  meeting in the past.

when attempting to book a room (365 Meeting room). Rest assured, the meeting is not in the past ;). Can I have some guidance on where to start?  I've checked TMS (v15.1.0) and I do not see the original one (status set to all). The user did create a second invite and I do see this one but there are no errors.

The error shouldn't really have been received by the user right? We are utilizing Cisco WebEx with CMR after all. 

Thanks,

Daniel

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us more about you environment?

Are you trying to schedule a conference using CMR Hybrid or CMR Cloud?  How are you scheduling the conference?

It isn't possible to schedule CMR Cloud with TMS, as CMR Cloud is WebEx only and doesn't have any ties to one's on-premise TelePresence infrastructure, unlike CMR Hybrid.

Hi Patrick,

I did waffle so my apologies but I did state it in the title that a CMR Cloud user receives that error. 

The current infrastructure is a mix of CMR Cloud and Hybrid. This particular user is CMR Cloud enabled (and has been for a while). She also let me know that has had happened on three separate occasions. 

Yes, CMR Cloud uses WebEx only but since we still have both deplyoments, any CMR Cloud appointments booking any rooms will appear in TMS. So I thought I should look in there but didn't see the original appointment in conferences. 

I guess I can raise a case with WebEx? I'll do that, but I'll keep this thread alive :).

Daniel

..any CMR Cloud appointments booking any rooms will appear in TMS.

If you're scheduling video conference rooms that are within TMS, then that would be a CMR Hybrid conference, not Cloud.  Because you have both CMR Hyrbid and Cloud together in one environment, you have to ensure your users are scheduling the conference correct, refer to the "Using Both CMR Hybrid and CMR Offerings Together" statement in Chapter 4 of the CMR Cloud Enterprise Deployment Guide (WBS31).

Patrick, you have not understood anything.

I never once implied there we were scheduling a conference in TMS (and no no no, something that is in TMS does not mean it is Hybrid nor does it mean it is a conference).

We have CMR Cloud and Hybrid. Regardless and do mean regardless, whether it is an appointment (i.e. inviting the room itself i.e. no conference with no end points at all and so on), a Hybrid conference or a Cloud conference, it will appear in TMS. How? TMS is linked to these rooms and pulls those calendar entries the room has. I say again, whether an appointment, a Hybrid conference or a Cloud conference – all appear in TMS (key point to remember, the room is linked to TMS). I can demo this to you over WebEx if you have not yet seen or believe this phenomenon. 

What are our users are trained to do I hear you ask? They use the WebEx plugin found within Outlook to schedule their Cloud (and only Cloud) conferences (before you say it, yes you can also create Hybrid meetings this way, but not when the user is CMR Cloud enabled). The image below illustrates a Cloud enabled a user and further below, a Hybrid user i.e. a user that is not enabled for Cloud (which is done via the WebEx admin portal). Compared to a Hybrid user, the two are very and clearly different. There is no way the user would have scheduled a Hybrid conference. The only conference type they can schedule is a Cloud because that is all that is available. 

CMR Cloud

CMR Hybrid

I mentioned TMS simply because the error or response received by the user indicated TMS (which is incorrect, since it is a Cloud does not use TMS to book resources unlike Hybrid). I checked the appointment to see if it existed in TMS (be careful here, the room is linked in TMS). 

Have I helped you understand it now? By the way, whoever marked your response as correct is lost....

I'll leave it here and go with WebEx directly.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Were you able to get to the bottom of this? I am having the same exact issue. 

Regards,

Ramin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: