Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS 2.3 WebRTC - Joining meeting failed

srivatsan04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed CMS 2.3.0 and i have 2 client VMs which has Cisco Meeting App installed in it. I am able to make call between CMA but while trying to make call between CMA and WebRTC i get joining meeting failed error. Even while trying WebRTC to WebRTC i'm getting this error. Can't initiate call or even answer the call in WebRTC app.

I tried downgrading CMS to v2.2.10. Able to call between CMA and WebRTC without any issue. Only while using CMS 2.3.0 i'm getting Joining meeting failed issue. 

Please read the details correctly and help me to solve the issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

srivatsan04
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is that camera is not detected in the VM. I found this by upgrading CMS to v2.3.1 which is released by solving the WebRTC crashes when camera/microphone is not detected issue. Now I am able to connect call between WebRTC and CMA but the WebRTC camera is not shared to other client. It doesn't looks like VM issue because while using CMA on that VM i'm able to view the camera.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Farrukh '
Level 1
Level 1

I am running the same version in split and combined server models without any issue. review the config if you might have missed something.

Hi Farrukh,

I am running CMS in combined server deployment model. I have configured call bridge, xmpp, web bridge for the CMS and I have attached the screenshots of those configurations and also the error i get. Please have a look at them and verify whether i have configured correctly.

Note: I tried downgrading CMS v2.3.0 to v2.2.10 with same configuration and I am able to answer or initiate call in WebRTC without any issue in 2.2.10. Only when i move to 2.3.0, I face this issue. But in 2.2.10 the Sign-in page frequently blinking/reloading so feeling very difficult to enter the credentials.

Hi,

What is the status with CMA? you havn't mentioned anything about that.

Configuration seems fine, I've got this issue when I tried to login WebRTC from windows server machine over RDP. as soon as i realized that I'm on the RDP session where no mic, speaker or camera is attached, I signed out and logged in on my laptop and everything starts to work fine.

Farrukh

Hi,

I have mentioned on my 1st blog about CMA. Anyway, CMA works fine in both the client machines.

Stephen Carr
Level 1
Level 1

I had an issue with WebRTC when I first upgraded to 2.3 also and it turned out to be a browser cache issue. Once I deleted the cache for the CMS URL and then tried again everything worked just fine. Have you tried that?

Steve

Hi Stephen,
As you said, I tried to delete cache for the CMS URL and the issue is not yet solved. Also I would like to know whether you got Joining Meeting Failed error while accepting or initiating call?

I have attached a small screenshot about that error please utilize it and help me solve the issue.

I had a similar issue, same exact red banner as you.

Are you using Expressway WebRTC Proxy? If so, confirm you have all required ports opened on your firewall, take a look at Configure CMS WebRTC Proxy over Expressway. In our case, some ports weren't open on the firewall, specifically the 24000-29999 range for the Expressway-E.

Hi Patrick,

I'm not using WebRTC proxy over expressway since it's not a production environment. Do i need to do any additional configuration in CMS 2.3.0 when compared to 2.2.10 for WebRTC. Because WebRTC is working in 2.2.10 but it has one issue (i.e.) Sign-in page blinks/reload continuously.

Hi Patrick,

I have the same problem, ( the red banner)
I'm using the Expressway WebRTC Proxy.
CMS works fine from inside.
I've configured Turnserver in my CMS with API and there wasn't any problem+ all ports are open in my firewall, but still from outside the red banner is showing.
Could you please help me to solve the issue?

srivatsan04
Level 1
Level 1

The issue is that camera is not detected in the VM. I found this by upgrading CMS to v2.3.1 which is released by solving the WebRTC crashes when camera/microphone is not detected issue. Now I am able to connect call between WebRTC and CMA but the WebRTC camera is not shared to other client. It doesn't looks like VM issue because while using CMA on that VM i'm able to view the camera.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: