Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS 3.x - Multiple domains

Mike-barnes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I've recently been working through the upgrade of our CMS deployment to 3.3, I'm currently at 2.9 while I'm sorting some licensing challenges, I mention this as the fact that webbridge3 replaces webbridge2 and that XMPP is from removed from later versions is i believe important to the next piece of work I'm undertaking.

The next piece of work is to get webRTC up and running for our users. I am pulling users in from multiple AD Domains(user@homedomain1.com and user@homedomain2.com), i would like all users to be able to search for and access every other users space irrespective of them being in different domains. What I'd really like to do is to have their space domain match their home domain(user.space@homedomain1.com and user.space@homedomain2.com). This would also simplify the login process for users as they would log in as user@homedomain1.com not user@cmsdomain.com which I think is a bit confusing for users.

When it was CMS <2.9 and webbridge2 I believe that you could use the XMPP multi domain capability however with CMS3.x and webbridge3 XMPP server is no longer involved.

Has anyone encountered this requirement and solved the problem?

Thanks

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I looked at how I did it, it is necessary /api/v1/ldapMappings item jidMapping = $userPrincipalName$ and after resync with AD. It is work for me

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Sergey 1907
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, may be use for coSpace not samaccountname but userprincipalname?

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for that, it's a good thought, I've not tried that, I will investigate and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again for your time/input!

I looked at how I did it, it is necessary /api/v1/ldapMappings item jidMapping = $userPrincipalName$ and after resync with AD. It is work for me

Hi Sergey,

Thanks very much for your help, you are absolutely correct, it works perfectly for me! I should have thought of that in the first place!

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: