Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS (Acano) and TMS don't show active conference in CCC

Fedor Solovev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, dear cisco Community.

I am using CMS 2.0.7 and TMS 15.4 for planning conference. C40, EX90 and jabber 11.8 are registered with CUCM 10.5 and

SIP trunk between CMS and CUCM works for calls.

C40 and EX90 are added in TMS as managed endpoints. CMS has trial SMP licenses and Meeting rooms are configured.

When I schedule a conference in TMS, it starts, these 3 endpoints are connected, and I can see 1 active conference in Portal window (Conferences and reservations)

The problem:

I cannot see this conference in CCC (monitoring -> Conference Control Center).

However, finished (ended, not deleted) conferences available in CCC.

What can cause this ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I think I found the answer:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco-TMS-Admin-Guide-15-4.pdf

The following features are not supported for CMS in Cisco TMS:

■ Conference Control Center You can however view CMS in the Edit Conference and Add Participants section for the conferences that are scheduled on other bridges.

View solution in original post

You are correct, CCC doesn't support CMS, this is covered in the TMS 15.3 Release Notes. I'm not sure when, but a replacement for CCC that will support CMS will be released in the future. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Fedor Solovev
Level 1
Level 1

I have added Conductor 4.3 + vTS 4.4 in the same TMS 15.4 just to be sure it works.

A conference based on Conductor+vTS appears in CCC-> Active

I think I found the answer:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco-TMS-Admin-Guide-15-4.pdf

The following features are not supported for CMS in Cisco TMS:

■ Conference Control Center You can however view CMS in the Edit Conference and Add Participants section for the conferences that are scheduled on other bridges.

You are correct, CCC doesn't support CMS, this is covered in the TMS 15.3 Release Notes. I'm not sure when, but a replacement for CCC that will support CMS will be released in the future. 

(just to repeat the information)

Moreover, I have the samу answer from, that, probably,

it will create another instrument to control active conferences with CMS (Acano). However, this will be clear only next year.

Thank you.

We are running TMS 15.6 with TMS but an active conference including CMS simply disapears from TMS. 

I've looked at the admin guide for 15.6 and it only seems to mention load balancing. 

Does anyone know if TMS 15.6 supports CMS?

Thank you

TMS will never be able to manage active CMS conferences, there's supposed to be a new product coming to fulfill that role.

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Do you know what is going to be replacing TMS? 

We're buidling a lab and would like to investigate the implementation of CMS. 

Thanks again 

TMS will still be used for scheduling CMS meetings as far as I know, but there might be something else to manage ongoing meetings, best to check with your Cisco AM for details.

Cisco have been toying with replacements for Conference Control Centre for a while now as CCC is still using Java and getting a bit old now.

In addition, you also have some limited ability to monitor calls in the CMS Web GUI.

Attila Rumy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I think Cisco Meeting Management is what you're looking for.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/meeting-management/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Attila

Hello Mr. Rumy,

If it can make things a bit clearer, I'll explain my experience with TMS, CMS / CMM and the CIsco MCUs (bridges)

-First of all, unfortunately, CMM has VERY limited call control options. For example, you have 4 types of layout vs like 70 for TMS CCC. You can also create custom layouts in the MCU (bridge that is to be replaced with CMS where I work), something you can't do in CMM.

-in the tms CCC, you can make a participant "important" to force all other sites to only see the "important" one instead of 20 teeny tiny squares. If you put the layout to "prominent" in CMM, the site that is talking will be in the "big box" and there is no way to prevent that like forcing the site that is doing the presentation to always stay in the "big box"

-Another example, sites managed by "us" without a Crestron XPanel use a remote controller. If their conference is in CMM, they can disconnect everyone if they mess around with the controller in the call controls, something that was not possible with the previous Cisco Telepresence MCU and it's NOT a good thing.

-Using IP adresses doesn't work very well with CMM at the moment. For it to work, you have to find your conference in TMS and do "add participant..." in TMS ---> "external" tab --> Outgoing call --> "Protocol" MUST be SIP, not IP or it won't work. H.323 doesn't seem to be a possibility either in CMM unless I'm mistaken, which could very well be the case because **bleep**, all this is confusing...

-Another example : Sometimes, we need to connect some of our sites to remote MCUs that often are PIN locked. To do this, I need to create a conference with the site in question and our MCU. the Cisco Telepresence MCU allows me to enter this PIN for the participant once connected to the remote MCU with the "send DTMF" thing, something that doesn't exist in CMM, I'm pretty sure.

It worked very well with only TMS and the MCU but with CMM....... You have to use 2 programs that won't let you do everything like before no matter what you try. In short, it went from 1 program where you can 100% manage everything in your conferences (except for certain sites where we had to connect directly in the bridge without going through TMS) to 2 programs that can't do everything even combined. Why?

They really need to come up with a new control center that supports the CMS or just give all the options and settings that are in the MCU to CMM because right now, it doesn't work. Where I work, we need stuff that isn't currently doable with CMM so we have to stick with the old bridges for now... Just because the interface is complete there. On top of that, all we see in CMM as participants' names is the SIP adresses so good luck finding the correct site without TMS when you have something to do. Waste of time...

Hello Simon,
it has been a year since your post, many things have changed and I would like to know if you are using CMM, CMS and TMS. I will be migrating a customer from MCU/VCS/h323 to CUCM/CMS/CMM/SIP and I have been checking what is going to be lost.
Remote video monitoring (like a snapshot to see what is happening on the meeting room), different layout options (although just a handful are used so I do not consider this a major flaw) are not available anymore, right?
1-As for the onePlusN (Prominent) I believe it is possible to make a participant important through CMM.
2-call controls: the idea is to disable ActiveControl protocol through API so users cannot mute/disconnect remote participants on the touch panel (to be tested).
3-based on what you wrote about the PIN code issue, I believe we can add the participant on CMM and use DTMF on the sx80 web page itself in order to allow it to join remotely (to be tested).
4-h323 ip address thing: couldnt get it all but in my project it is gonna be 100% SIP so probably not a big deal. i believe you meant adding participants on CMM using number@IP, right?

regards,

Henrique

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: