Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS- Allow only hosts or signed in CMA users to mute others

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Hey everyone,

Looking for a way in CMS to allow hosts or even just non-guests to mute others while not allowing guests joining in CMA or WebRTC to mute others.

I've got 2 separate callLegProfiles, but the only way I'm seeing to do this is to set a separate accessMethod on every coSpace individually.

Is there another way to do this globally?

Thanks,

Brian Meade

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As far as i remember its based on per cospace. Access methods applies on a co-space basis. I tested it a while ago with setting up host/guest access method on one of the cospace. And there is no global configuration for this.

Regards,

Alok

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I just did some testing of this myself on our CMS, and it appears the only way to do this is use to accessMethods which will allow you to distinguish between hosts and guests.

Were you able to do this globally or was it creating an accessMethod per coSpace?

I didn't get that far into it, I haven't done anything with accessMethods yet.

As far as i remember its based on per cospace. Access methods applies on a co-space basis. I tested it a while ago with setting up host/guest access method on one of the cospace. And there is no global configuration for this.

Regards,

Alok

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking but is it possible for someone to spell out exactly what needs to happen to enable the muting of others for a particular coSpace?

I'm on CMS 2.2 - the requirment is for a user (preferably the host) to be able to mute all other attendees either on CMA or WebRTC - fairly basic task you would think :-)

I have read a few posts and there are mixtures of API commands rxAudioMute=true on call legs and calls.....there is even a parameter where you can enable muteOthersAllowed=true. I've tried all these and am not having any luck

Any help appreciated