cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS API > Offset & Limit > Go over the 20 records limit

salim.guerid
Level 5
Level 5

Is there a way to retrieve more than 20 entries in one go? I would have expected that if I set the limit to 100 it will then return 100 records.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Salim,

This is primarily a community forum, with some Cisco employees doing their best to answer some questions. However it is not an official support channel, nor the optimal place to drop feature requests. While there's always a chance someone from the API team may be here, there is absolutely no guarantee for that.

To submit feature requests, your best option is to reach out to your Cisco account team to get your business case in front of product management.
Next best option is opening a TAC case. TAC can open the feature request for you if a similar one does not already exist, however they have no way of guaranteeing when that will be implemented.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Zoltan Kelemen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Nope. It is designed to protect the server form being overburdened by queries.

Instead of trying to pull all results in once, then process,
GET batches, process, repeat.

Hi, I did but looping through thousands of spaces by batch of 20 can be time consuming. I would suggest to bring this to development team to allow more flexibility. Compared with the CUCM AXL queries which almost have no limit, the 20 records limitation seems a bit odd. Even more when we have a limit parameters. I would suggest that this one overrides the default 20 records setting.

Salim, how exactly are you looping through those spaces?
The API was designed to be used with scripts / programming.

While certain functions are simple to perform with tools such as Postman, it's important to understand, that that approach can only be used as proof of concept if you want to handle large volume queries such as working with coSpaces.

Running something like a python script (or the preferred language choice of your developer) should make the limitation completely transparent to the end-user.

Hi,

I am doing a API call using C# and the looping through the result. It works fine but if you imagine that you do a query which return 1000 spaces, you will now to go 20 by 20 adjusting the offset of each query. If you do the math: 1000/20=50 SOAP requests which is not ideal performance wise.

To be clear, I have no insight on _why_ this (or other) particular limits were chosen by the developers. However I _assume_ this has been considered and 50 HTTP requests (CMS API is not exactly SOAP) of 20 items each, have less impact than 1 request with 1000 items.

Thanks for your reply, I created a few other discussions to report feedback. Is there any chance that someone from the API team is hooked up to the discussion.

Hi Salim,

This is primarily a community forum, with some Cisco employees doing their best to answer some questions. However it is not an official support channel, nor the optimal place to drop feature requests. While there's always a chance someone from the API team may be here, there is absolutely no guarantee for that.

To submit feature requests, your best option is to reach out to your Cisco account team to get your business case in front of product management.
Next best option is opening a TAC case. TAC can open the feature request for you if a similar one does not already exist, however they have no way of guaranteeing when that will be implemented.

Thanks, I will do.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: