cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS app Presentation still very Bad (Bug?)

IsenLin
Level 4
Level 4

This should be Bug, someone can help inform the Cisco related team to solve it?

I use the cisco meeting app to presentation.

IF sende`s screen resolution is 1920x1080(Full HD),recipient`s presentation is very bad.

But sende`s screen resolution is setting 1024x768,the presentation is good.

It is not a bandwidth issue and I have tested another display/ Monitor.There is no improvement.

WebRTC in Home PC to present > iphone 6+ CMS app is bad.Codec & Jabber is good.

CMS app in Home PC to present > iphone 6+ CMS app is bad.Codec & Jabber is good.

WebRTC in Work NB to present > iphone 6+ CMS app is bad.Codec & Jabber is good.

CMS app in Work NB to present > iphone 6+ CMS app is bad.Codec & Jabber is good.

Jabber to present > iphone 6+ CMS app is bad.Codec is good.

Codec to present > iphone 6+ CMS app is bad.Jabber is good.

So~Maybe the CMS app have bug at Full HD present.

This should be Bug, someone can help inform the Cisco related team to solve it?

FullHD   HD

Isen Lin
34 Replies 34

Correct, this is the same experience I have.
The moment I have a VC sharing 720 or 1080, my web participants just see abstract art - its practically unreadable and not sufficient to continue sharing your screen.

In version 2.5 it was unreasonable.
In V2.9.1, even with Webbridge 3, the problem still exists. So far nobody could explain to me what exactly the problem with WebRTC is. The problem occurs with Chrome, Firefox and Safari. All browsers have the same error pattern. The error is in the product and not the browser.

I have an open case with Cisco about this problem.
I have sent him all information, I hope he will talk to a colleague from the development department.

I can agree. I think this quality issue has gone to CMS BU plenty of times, just like XMPP prior to WB3. There were so many issues with this that they now use a totally different protocol; C2W. CMS BU have to remove the transcoding, its not working and there are other platforms that are "compared" and even favoured over CMS WebRTC. I get asked by clients as to why Hangouts and CMS WebRTC are the same, yet there are significant quality differences on content.

Is there any new information when this bug will be fixed ?
Did you have contact to the BU ?

lburleso
Level 1
Level 1

Troubleshot a poor-quality presentation issue today, and the culprit turned out to be the browser: Edge (NON Chromium).  We have good tested results when using Chrome and Edge Chromium.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: