cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Architecture with SFB online (Office 365)

Jim duPuis
Level 1
Level 1

During the BRKCOL-2611 session at Cisco Live 2016 in Vegas the attached architecture was listed as possible with CMS and O365. I don't see that the current Configuration Guides explain this configuration. I see SFB mentioned in the Solution Overview chapter, but its not clear beyond that what configuration needs to take place in O3655 or the CMS. 

Can anyone shed some light on additional documentation that clarifies this configuration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just reviewed the Cisco Live recording for that presentation and they said it's possible to configure CMS with O365 in the cloud, but it's not a fully supported feature yet, hence why there is no documentation at this time.  If I remember right, one would need to work with Microsoft on creating the connection between CMS and O365, and they're hesitant on wanting to do that.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just reviewed the Cisco Live recording for that presentation and they said it's possible to configure CMS with O365 in the cloud, but it's not a fully supported feature yet, hence why there is no documentation at this time.  If I remember right, one would need to work with Microsoft on creating the connection between CMS and O365, and they're hesitant on wanting to do that.

Hi Guys,

Any progress in CMS integration with office 365 cloud directly??

Yes, lots of progress.  

For more details see the presentation from the most recent Cisco Live BRKCOL-2611.

Accounts on Cisco Live are free, and not the same account as other Cisco sites. 

Slide 63 and following directly address O365.  
https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=90704

Hi All,

Client requirement is Office365 directly integrate with CMS is it possible??if yes than any one share with me the step actually its my first deployment as well as in my country.So please help

Unfortunately link is broken 

in my lab we go directly from Expressway Edge to Skype for business.   in CMS, we route skype based domains (default rule makes everything skype and we configure specific cisco domains) out Expressway control to Expressway Edge. 

Is that what your referencing here as far as integration?

Also..  all skype calls require rich media (2 per call). 

Hi Patrick,

i dont know if you have set up email scheduler in cms using o365. scheudler status shows up but users still dont get the email invite 

is there something i might be missing ?

Jim duPuis
Level 1
Level 1

Got this working through open federation in SFB. Microsoft does not need to turn on anything, but the organization's SFB admins enable open federation. Following the instructions in the 7.7 section of either the combined or split server configuration will get you the rest of the way.

Had a bit of a difficult time locating cert requirements, issues were resolved when we added a SAN for the sub domain.

Hi Jim,

It looks like you have just opened federation from O365 to your On prem CMS domain.May I know if this is supported by CIsco? What are the expressway and  CMS edge versions for this to work.Can you help us understand your deployment.

I have a SFB Online deployment hosted on O365 cloud and I would like to integrate this with on prem CMS.

Regards,

Avinash

It's not supported with Expressways yet but I believe that is road mapped. Right now we have CMS deployed with a public IP in a single server deployment, but we are looking into moving this to a split server deployment as the attached slide showed in my original post. Once you have the basic CMS configuration, section 7.7 in the CMS config guide to get open federation working. Then you should be about to setup some forwarding rules as described in 7.3.3 to get calling working from Jabber to O365 and vise versa.

Have u experience any problem with this integration? My SfB client likes to freeze after a while, but it still receives the audio from CMS.

which guide are you referencing?  The cisco version of the guides do NOT have a 7.7 section..  Only 7.3

If you don't mind me asking...

What did you do for the DNS requirements in the Appendix for CMS in regards to the lync pool? I turned on logging in my Mac Lync client and found a lync pool DNS address. I'm wondering if that is what I should point it to for the _sipinternaltls_tcp.lync-domain.com, fe.lync-domain.com?

I'm pretty sure open federation is enabled on our SFB configuration. In fact, the _sipinternaltls_ is already set to something else for federation. Just wondering how the DNS stuff is handled with a totally cloud SFB deployment.

thanks

Joe Hughes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CMS with Skype for Business (SFB) Office 365 for video is now supported with the Expressway-C/E X8.9 acting as the edge for CMS. 

See the CMS with Expressway deployment guide http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-9/CMS-Expressway-Deployment-Guide_X8-9.pdf

Also reference with the Expressway X8.9 release notes:
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X8-9.pdf

Simplified architecture: 
CMS Core <--> Exp-C <--> Exp-E <--> O365

Note:  IM & Presence is still in preview mode for CUCM IM & P integration with SFB online. 
Note:  The CMS with Expressway document also applies if using the Video Communication Server (VCS) "The Expressway products and names are used throughout, but you can interchange those with VCS equivalents and infer the same meaning." 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: