cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS callbridge license

lior look
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys, I wonder how many concurrent conferences can be when I have 5 SMP each two callbridges in cluster.

According to logic, it seems that it is possible to operate about ten, 5 in CB1 and 5 in CB2.

4 Replies 4

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you have separate licenses for both call bridges then yes in total you can do 10 conferences.

Or you can combine and share your all licenses within your call bridge cluster.

For more details please see the below link (Appendix C   Sharing Call Bridge licenses within a cluster)-

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Deployment_Guide/Version-2-5/Cisco-Meeting-Server-2-5-Scalable-and-Resilient-Deployment.pdf

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

yes I did "sharing license" but what the point of Cisco here? don't you think it very strange that Cisco allow to purchase 5 SMP and actually use
5 x Callbrige nodes...

Hello,

So think like this, just to use 5 conferences why somebody use 5 different call bridges servers (VM or appliances)?

This is as per customer's requirement and deployment.

This is fruitful in many ways, suppose you have 5 call bridges and out of 2 got down at some point of time then your other 3 server will be able to share the load and your all licenses can be used.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

but I don't mean that from backup perspective but redundency perspective. again it sound strange to purchase 5 and actually use 10 based on the number of CB nodes.