Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS (Cisco Meeting Server) 2.1.3 outbound call issue

jeroenhermans
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We've got CMS 2.1.3 (Single box deployment) with CUCM 11.5.1SU2 and expressway 8.9.

I am trying to allow outbound calls to be routed from our CMS to CUCM for further processing.

There is a secure sip trunk between the 2 and I am able to call from cucm endpoints to CMS spaces succesfully. Ad hoc conferencing is also working fine and the webrtc client as well.

I have 3 interfaces on the CMS : interface a for the admin, interface b for the callbridge,xmpp,webbridge and interface c for the turn server.

When an outbound call is made from CMS, I can see it is being rejected on CUCM because for some reason CMS is using the IP address of the turn server instead of the IP address of the callbridge.

Any ideas on how to resolve this one?

Thanks,

Jeroen

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds as if the call bridge might be configured to use the incorrect interface..

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. How can I define what interface to use?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Whenever you setup and activated the various CMS services, you must define an interface for it to use, refer to section 3 of the CMS 2.1, Single Combined Server Deployment Guide.

Also, check your configuration with the CMS 2.1 with CUCM Deployment Guide.

Hi Patrick,

Yes indeed, interface b is configured for call bridge use and interface c is configured for turn use.

I have now added the fqdn of the turn server to the secure sip trunk on CUCM like Oleksandr has suggested. This seems to work. the CUCM options ping is now reporting the trunk in partial state as of course there is no sip running on that interface on the CMS.

It sounds like this is a workaround for the moment but does not feel like a permanent solution.

Thanks,

Jeroen 

Hi Jeroen,

CUCM can't accept call from unknown IP.

Maybe add additional IP in configuration CUCM SIP trunk ?

br Oleksandr