cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS: Is there a way to limit a space to audio only?

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi guys,

Is there a way to limit a space to work as an audio only room? I want to limit few rooms that won't be able to consume CPU & RAM from the CMS for nothing, as those room meant to be audio only. At least they were before I migrated from the old TelePresence server.

And... is there a way to limit a room to a specific bandwidth or even to configure that the maximum resolution for this room will be 720p? 

It was so easy to configure on the TelePresence Conductor server, and now it's not an option. I'm guessing it is possible somehow using API, but after reviewing the API guide I didn't find something that may be related.

Thanks!

Slavik.

2 Replies 2

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I have not tested it but you can try all this by using callleg profiles on co spaces.

IN call leg profiles there are options like videoMode and qualityMain and many others you can try them by creating a cll leg profile and apply that on co-space level.

Please see the API guide for details

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Reference_Guides/Version-2-6/Cisco-Meeting-Server-API-Reference-Guide-2-6.pdf

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as Accepted solution if applicable...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Thank you!

I played a little bit with it, but couldn't achieve what I wanted, I'm probably missing something else here.

I created 2 new Call Leg Profiles, one with "videoMode" set as "disabled" and one that has "qualityMain" set as "max720p30". And of course I associated them to 2 different video bridges.

So I tested out the first one, and I got a video of the main CMS window that is asking me for a PIN code, I'm guessing that when it is audio only it shouldn't appear.

And after that tested the quality profile, I called into the video bridge and in the CMS I went to Status -> Calls, and it appears that I'm still getting the video in 1080p.

I really hope that it the next versions of CMS they'll create the ability to create / modify and associate those objects that today are available only in the API that it would be reachable in the Web GUI itself.