Level 1

I want to build the following system:
1x database
1x database + Call Bridge
1x database + Call Bridge

5 simultaneous conferences

I need to order,
R-СМS-К9 - 3 pieces or just one?
5 pieces. SMP + licenses. Will they be shared by the cluster?

thanks for the help

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to order R-CMS-K9 for every CMS that requires an activated Call Bridge, or want to run any component that requires and activated Call Bridge.  For a CMS database server only, you can run it unlicensed as it doesn't require an activated Call Bridge.

Licenses are not shared between CMS nodes in a cluster, licenses are tied to the MAC address of the CMS they're to be installed on.

If you have CUCM, you can use Call Bridge Groups to keep inbound and outbound calls meant for the same conference together, instead of being spread between multiple servers consuming more Multiparty licenses than needed.

Hello Patrik,

No CUCM, SMP License Model not PMP on CMS. If I deploy 1 CMS(192.168.1.1) on local, another 1 CMS(192.168.100.1) on remote site, and did database & cluster & API, create space ID 1000.

Scenario;local codec dial 1000@192.168.1.1, remote codec dial 1000@192.168.100.1
Space ID 1000 will be hosted on 2 CMS.

May I ask will it consume each 1 SMP License on each site when hosting 1 meeting ?
Means total 2 SMP License on 1 concurrent meeting ? Please help me to clarify.

Thanks / AJ

To be honest, I don't know how clustered call bridges handle license consumption with a distributed call.  All I can recommend is test a distributed call and see what the number of licenses are consumed on both servers.  Licenses can be checked using the API by performing a GET on /system/multipartyLicensing.