cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Outbound Dial Plan Rules with Scope of CallBridge for Lync

Stephen Carr
Level 1
Level 1

So, it looks like on CMS version 2.3 there should be a way to make the scope of an Outbound Rule to be "callBridge" (through the API) and then you can set the callbridge field to the ID of the callbridge itself (or use CallBridgeGroup) but I don't see that option to set the callbridge ID in my API (even after assigning that scope). I'd like to do this as the new recommendation for using Lync with CMS in a clustered environment is to have callbridge scoped rules with contact domains matching the callbridge names themselves (instead of the pool\cluster name). Any ideas on how to get my system to have those fields availalble in the API  (if I use a PUT I get an error). Also, if anyone has a set of outbound\inbound\forwarding rules they use successfully with Lync that they'd like to share (anonymized of course) I'd appreciate it. Our system is mostly working fine but once in a while a callbridge gets stuck in a call setup loop (which causess the other bridge to complain about delays) and I can't figure out what is causing it (can't duplicate it myself).

thanks in advance

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For outbound rules for clustered Call Bridges, just need to input the IP addresses of each CMS, you could also use regex to reduce the number of rules needed (for example 192.168.1.*).  Leave SIP Proxy blank so the calls will be routed directly between the servers and bypass your call control.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you get a 200 OK after you send the API request with the scope and callBridge or callBridgeGroup to create/update your specific outbound rule??

All you need starts on page 73

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Reference_Guides/Version-2-3/Cisco-Meeting-Server-API-Reference-Guide-2-3.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No, I get the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<failureDetails>
    <parameterError parameter="callBridge" error="invalidValue" />
</failureDetails>

when I use a PUT on the

https://X.X.X.X/api/v1/outboundDialPlanRules/{DialPlanID}

If you change that put to a get, do you get the details of that specific outbound rule correctly?

Can you post a screenshot of exactly how you're formatting the put?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ugh, I had the CallBridge IDs entered incorrectly so that is why it failed (wish the error was better). Anyway, once I used the right IDs it worked just fine.

BTW, with a cluster it looks like Inter-Peer routing is needed. In the How-To guide it just mentions using the IP address of each CallBridge in Domain and SIP Proxy fields but doesn't mention any other fields to fill out. Should these just be left as defaults then?

Thanks in advance

Steve

For outbound rules for clustered Call Bridges, just need to input the IP addresses of each CMS, you could also use regex to reduce the number of rules needed (for example 192.168.1.*).  Leave SIP Proxy blank so the calls will be routed directly between the servers and bypass your call control.

thanks for the clarification on that.  On the Deployment Guide page 57 it mentiones filling in the SIP Proxy field with the IP address to match but your explanation (not using it) makes more sense to me. It seems like things get changed and fine-tuned at each guide iteration as they understand what they purchased from Acano more. All is working as expected now so thanks as always

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: