Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS outbound dial to Webex

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone ever try to dial Webex from CMS? From what I read, CMS has capability to dial to the video endpoint within the company network. Theoretically, it should be worked since we only need to create the outbound dial plan in order to route the placed call through Expressway, but i'm not sure about that. Let say if there are more than 3 video endpoints from internal and want to join the same webex meeting, we dial to CMS, and CMS dial to Webex. The goal is to save the internet bandwidth and RMS license which will be used when we dial to the external.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

After I tested on the Cisco dCloud, it's possible to call CMS to Webex. Just make outbound call from CMS to Expressway and the rests are config Expressway like usual B2B video call.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I am guessing the answer is no. It sounds like you are trying to mimic Video Mesh - which in this case I would suggest utilizing that over the CMS if you are going to host the meeting from Webex.

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My guess is it will connect, CMS will just see the webex meeting as an endpoint and vice versa, but the experience might not be very good - cascading MCU's has its challenges. I agree with Mike - a video mesh node (formerly known as hybrid media node) will provide a much better experience and it will be automatic. There's no charge to do this either, other than that you need the compute for it. 

I am also looking for an answer or possibility of this use case wherein it is possible to dial outbound to an Webex meeting or to say any external meeting setup which has SIP URI ( Zoom, Clarity-Poly, BlueJeans,Pexip etc). Logically and technically it does make sense but I am not sure about layer 8 aspect!!

I also fully understand WebEx Video Mesh is the prefect fit but from management/optimzation/RoI prospective and to have an harmonized setup, no enterprise wants to see multiple product in a collaboration solution in current situation plus have new learning curve for the operational team.

Thanks

Ferdi0802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

After I tested on the Cisco dCloud, it's possible to call CMS to Webex. Just make outbound call from CMS to Expressway and the rests are config Expressway like usual B2B video call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: