Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Recorded video size requierments

Hi Team,

we are planning to install and integrate the CMS Recording server with our TP Platform, which already includes the CMS Core & Edge services.

We have 2 no's CMS Recording license ordered from Cisco and we are in a process to buy External NAS Server. But we have some concern regarding the space requirements, please share if anybody have any documents or any details regarding the same. 

Otherwise i can calculate myself if i can get an answer for >> How much space required to store 1 minute video call with 1472 kbps bandwidth??

what is the video file compression format??

is there any alert will generate by CMS Recording server if the storage become full.

Please share any document that explains the CMS Recording configurations.

in advance thanks for your valuable time and interest for replying my queries...

Best & Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

9 Replies 9

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nikhil,

As per one of the links i referenced some time back  the size of 720p30 recordings ranges between 300MB to 800MB for 1 hour. In terms of budgeting it would be safe to assume 1GB per hour.

Recorder Config

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/conferencing/meeting-server/202722-Configure-Recorder-in-CMS-Acano-Call-Bri.html

HTH

Manish

Hi,

I am looking for CMS recording data sheet in particular but i am unable to find such document on cisco site, can you guys help.

There is no recorder data sheet, just the one for Cisco Meeting Server. For recorder information, refer to the CMS data sheet and deployment guides. 

Whar specific information are you looking for?

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to Manish's comment on the recording the file size.

File format will be MP4.

Don't think CMS monitors the size of the NFS location, so the only alert sort of speak you might get is an error in the event log.

Dear all,

Is there any document form cisco that tell the size of file recording? and what the output recording quality?
this information was needed for recording storage purpose.

Thank you

The CMS configuration docs and planning guide contain that information.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Manish,
Yes I've found it thanks.
Anyway my customer still have CTS 500, since CMS does not support h323 anymore,
Can CTS 500 registered to cucm v11.5? or is there any workarround to enable call from CTS to CMS?

Many Thanks =D

It should be supported, go to your CUCM and look at the drop-down for devices.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

VinnyC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

When recording, at the 15 minute mark, the recording repeats that the meeting is being recorded, and a new mp4 temp file is created.  The previous 15 minute recording is finalized into an mp4 file.  So a 1 hour and 5 minute recording would be 5 files.

Is there a setting to make the entire recording just 1 file instead of 5 files?

I use CMS 3.4.

This is the community forum I had when initially creating my recorder, if it helps: Solved: CMS Recorder / Certificates - Cisco Community

Thanks in advance. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: