Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS recorder license: how to apply?

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

implementation going on.

One CMS 1000 = one CMS VM (callbridge, xmpp, webbridge,webadmin)

ONE CMS recorder = One CMS VM (only recorder)

on CMS VM, applied cms.lic. 

now how will I apply license for RECORDER VM? what MAC address need to choose? recorder VM MAC address? recorder license we need to apply in CMS VM where callbridge is reside. but already there is cms. lic applied. again one more cms.lic? if i do will it not overwrite the previous cms. lic?
what name i need to put of recorder license?

can we give any name of .lic file or not? 
if i need to select the MAC address of REcorder CMS VM, then i mistakenly created license with MAC address of callbridge VM(that was the one I created first.)? how will i change it MAC address of recorder VM?

certificates all are self signed right now. is it a must them change to internal CA based certificate.

callbridge = callbridge-self.key, callbridge-self.crt

xmpp = xmpp-self.key, xmpp-self.crt

webbridge = webbridge-self.key, webbridge-self.crt

webadmin = webadmin-self.key, webadmin-self.crt

recorder = recorder-self.key, recorder-self.crt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you run "license" command on the CMS CB MMP please ?

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The license is applied against the call bridge that will connect to the recorder and not the actual server hosting the recorder VM. Check the CMS Deployment guide -
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/conferencing/ciscoMeetingServer/Installation/Cisco-Meeting-Server-Deployment-Planning-and-Preparation-Guide.pdf

Edit : When you claim the PAK/get your license issued, the license file should have all the features that you paid for. If you have a new cms.lic file you can upload it to the call bridge. The previous one will be overwritten.

See I have 2 LIC-CMS-PAK.
1. Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) PAK
SKU: LIC-CMS-PAK
Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) Software Release key
SKU: LIC-CMS-K9

2) another one PAK has the following:
Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) PAK
SKU: LIC-CMS-PAK
Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) Recording one Port license
SKU: LIC-REC-STARTER - 1
Cisco Meeting Server Recording or streaming one Port license
SKU: LIC-CMS-REC-POR - 5

First one i applied. so second one how will i apply. This is what it making me confusion. First i applied second one . it didnt activated call bridge. but when i applied license based on first PAK that i mention. it accepted for callbridge. so is that enough?

Can you run "license" command on the CMS CB MMP please ?

im not in the implementation site now. but i can tell what it was showing there.

the result shows 4 activated. the last one is recording.

So you should be good then if all services including recording were being shown as activated.
"LIC-CMS-K9" is used to activate CMS. When you claim it and associate the interface A mac address you get to download one license file which should have everything that you paid for, for this very CMS box. Hope that clears the confusion.

thank you for your quick support.

Im getting callbridge api error as 400.

https://ipaddress:445/api/V1/callProfiles/

when i do GET operation using postman chrome, it gives 400 bad request error. bad syntax it mentions. where is this bad syntax im not understanding it.

To add to Nipun's comment, when you claim CMS licenses and you download the license file, it will contain the licenses you just claimed as well as all previous licenses claimed so long as the MAC address used to claim the different licenses is the same.

Hi guys, 

We have 3 CMS1K as call bridge cluster and they have CMS recording option.

We planning to install CMS Recorder node into BE6K. 

CMS Recorder node needs any software license ?

Regards, 

Baris. 

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If it is used for Recording only, you should be fine. The recording license needs to be on node having the CB.

Thanks Nipun, 

That what I need to hear. Thank you confirming. 

Regards, 

Baris.