Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Recorder not working

Andre Fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Call Bridge and Recorder version 2.1.3 running in different VMs and although I can start the recording and see a temporary file being created on the NFS (Windows Server 2008 R2) share folder, it never converts the file to .mp4

The error I have in Recorder Syslog:

Mar 17 14:25:42 user.err HOSTNAME recorder.d611f50a-0555-450c-b117-b2c36b4d2266[12]: Client connect failed
Mar 17 14:25:42 user.info HOSTNAME  recorder.d611f50a-0555-450c-b117-b2c36b4d2266[12]: End send
Mar 17 14:25:42 user.info HOSTNAME  recorder.d611f50a-0555-450c-b117-b2c36b4d2266[12]: End Keepalives
Mar 17 14:25:42 user.err HOSTNAME  recorder[1]: Bot d611f50a-0555-450c-b117-b2c36b4d2266 failed: CLIENT_CONNECT_FAILED

From Wireshark in NFS I can see:

"Network File System, LOOKUP Reply Error: NFS3ERR_NOENT"

File created in NFS share folder:

20170317142541+0000.temp - 1kb

"ftypisom   isomiso2avc1mp41   free   mdat   Ömoov   lmvhd              è                                                @                                 budta   Zmeta       !hdlr        mdirappl            -ilst   %©too   data       Lavf56.40.101"

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

10 Replies 10

robertb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andre,

Not posting a solution but would like to know what was the procedure when creating the NFS on Windows server?

On CLI of my CMS, when i do syslog follow i get  Failed to mount NFS storage. Before this i had a reachability issue whereby the host was unreachable by the CMS which i resolved.

The guide, is somewhat helpful and even provides the commands when doing file shares on UNIX but nothing for a Windows server.

Any guidance would be appreciated !

Thanks.

Take a look at the Configure Recorder in CMS/Acano Call Bridge:

• Step 3 of the Background Information section for details on setting up the NFS for both Windows and Linux.
  • Part 1 Step f of the Configure section on setting up the CMS to use the NFS.

Thanks Patrick,

i have used the guide to the "T". Im in the process of downloading more logs to see the reason behind it.

As for the NFS setup i have done the following:

SMB file share - quick (for UNIX systems)

Set no server authentication and allow anonymous access

Share permissions set to host: 192.168.xxx.xxx and for Read/Write access

Still canot get the NFS to mount

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you configure the NFS correct?  Take a look at Step 3 of the Background Information section of the Configure Recorder in CMS/Acano Call Bridge.

Can you tell us more about the NFS, what type of file share is it, etc?

Andre Fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

I got the Recorder working by adding a XMPP SRV record pointing to CMS Call Bridge that handle the calls.

Thanks

It worked for me too. _xmpp-client._tcp.DOMAIN must point to Call Bridge.

Thanks,

Andrei Anghel

Hi Andre,

Could you provide to me the command to fix this issue? I  have same issue now.

Thanks,

Thuc

Check your DNS, make sure _xmpp-client SRV record is pointing to the FQDN of your CMS.

Thanks Patrick,

I have a question about video record file. Are there any information (metadata) like duration, participant names, start time , stop time....?

I know there is metadata generated when it sends the recording to VBrick for example, so it might be possible that the data can be used by other streaming solutions. I don't know what information is contained in the metadata though.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: