Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS Recorder not working

Andre Fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Call Bridge and Recorder version 2.1.3 running in different VMs and although I can start the recording and see a temporary file being created on the NFS (Windows Server 2008 R2) share folder, it never converts the file to .mp4

The error I have in Recorder Syslog:

Mar 17 14:25:42 user.err HOSTNAME recorder.d611f50a-0555-450c-b117-b2c36b4d2266[12]: Client connect failed
Mar 17 14:25:42 user.info HOSTNAME  recorder.d611f50a-0555-450c-b117-b2c36b4d2266[12]: End send
Mar 17 14:25:42 user.info HOSTNAME  recorder.d611f50a-0555-450c-b117-b2c36b4d2266[12]: End Keepalives
Mar 17 14:25:42 user.err HOSTNAME  recorder[1]: Bot d611f50a-0555-450c-b117-b2c36b4d2266 failed: CLIENT_CONNECT_FAILED

From Wireshark in NFS I can see:

"Network File System, LOOKUP Reply Error: NFS3ERR_NOENT"

File created in NFS share folder:

20170317142541+0000.temp - 1kb

"ftypisom   isomiso2avc1mp41   free   mdat   Ömoov   lmvhd              è                                                @                                 budta   Zmeta       !hdlr        mdirappl            -ilst   %©too   data       Lavf56.40.101"

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

10 Replies 10

robertb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andre,

Not posting a solution but would like to know what was the procedure when creating the NFS on Windows server?

On CLI of my CMS, when i do syslog follow i get  Failed to mount NFS storage. Before this i had a reachability issue whereby the host was unreachable by the CMS which i resolved.

The guide, is somewhat helpful and even provides the commands when doing file shares on UNIX but nothing for a Windows server.

Any guidance would be appreciated !

Thanks.

Take a look at the Configure Recorder in CMS/Acano Call Bridge:

• Step 3 of the Background Information section for details on setting up the NFS for both Windows and Linux.
  • Part 1 Step f of the Configure section on setting up the CMS to use the NFS.

Thanks Patrick,

i have used the guide to the "T". Im in the process of downloading more logs to see the reason behind it.

As for the NFS setup i have done the following:

SMB file share - quick (for UNIX systems)

Set no server authentication and allow anonymous access

Share permissions set to host: 192.168.xxx.xxx and for Read/Write access

Still canot get the NFS to mount

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you configure the NFS correct?  Take a look at Step 3 of the Background Information section of the Configure Recorder in CMS/Acano Call Bridge.

Can you tell us more about the NFS, what type of file share is it, etc?

Andre Fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

I got the Recorder working by adding a XMPP SRV record pointing to CMS Call Bridge that handle the calls.

Thanks

It worked for me too. _xmpp-client._tcp.DOMAIN must point to Call Bridge.

Thanks,

Andrei Anghel

Hi Andre,

Could you provide to me the command to fix this issue? I  have same issue now.

Thanks,

Thuc

Check your DNS, make sure _xmpp-client SRV record is pointing to the FQDN of your CMS.

Thanks Patrick,

I have a question about video record file. Are there any information (metadata) like duration, participant names, start time , stop time....?

I know there is metadata generated when it sends the recording to VBrick for example, so it might be possible that the data can be used by other streaming solutions. I don't know what information is contained in the metadata though.