Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS server and DX80 Calling using Andriod Sw

sabir.bedi1
Level 1
Level 1

HI Team ,

Can i use DX80 device in Standalone mode to make a video conferencing call between two other DX80's ( Standalone mode)

Standalone means three DX80 will be Android based software & wouldn't be registered to either CUCM and Expressway 

In this case how can i Leverage CMS server to make a conference call happen

Three of the devices and CMS server are on same network

Can i use DNS Server to point the call to CMS ?

Please explain with exact call flow ? 

Regards 

sabir 

6 Replies 6

sabinemattar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this problem too. Can the DX80 act as a TP endpoints in the CMS environment ?

I believe that multisite license is not supported on DX80, meaning this device can only join (not host) a conference hosted on a TP/MX series. The same case applies on CMS ?

Regards,

Sabine

DX80 with Android needs to be registered to a call control to work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thanks for your reply.

Once the DX80 is registered to the Call manager, can this desktop video endpoint host a meeting with more than 4 participants using CMS?

Regards,

Sabine

It will work as any other endpoint in CUCM, if you have CMS for ad-hoc, it can use it. If you have it for rendezvous, it can also use it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

By use it, you mean "hosting a meeting" or joining a meeting ?

Sabine

Spoiler

If it's registered to your CUCM, and the CUCM has conferencing resources configured (ie the Cisco Meeting Server), then any endpoint can host or join a conference, as the call control handles all of that without requiring the endpoint to specifically support Multisite itself.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: