Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS VM CPU and host requirements

Reading through the CMS VM guides, the number of vCPUs required depends on the number of calls you want to support, which seems reasonable, however it appears that the same requirements apply to both the edge and core servers.  These requirements seem a bit excessive for the edge servers, considering it's not doing any transcoding - am I missing something or do you actually need the same amount of CPU per call as the core/Callbridge?

It also says you need to dedicate a host to CMS, which I assume means you can't run any other VMs on the same server - does this apply to the edge also?

17 Replies 17

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

as per my understanding with Acano Engineers.

for each HDcall you need 1vCPU. and half the resources on Edge server.

if sizing for 10 HD calls.

you need 10 vCPU on Core

and 5 vCPU on Edge. as edge is only proxying not actually processing the call. provided you have SIPedge and loadblanacer components on Edge.

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

That might have been the case for Acano, however for CMS, the current sizing is what I mentioned, and there's no CMS edge with 5 vCPU, it's either 4 or 8 only. Also, Edge already started to be integrated into x8.9

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sure Jaimme, after Edge has been integrated in x8.9.  we can further narrow down the requirements for CMS Edge server as it will only be proxying CMS App traffic for now, untill x8.9 fully supports WebRTC and CMS app.

If small eXP-E with 2 core processes XMPP, SIP, Interworking, Federation, MRA Registration traffic, 100 Video calls. etc.

2 vCPU will be too much for CMS Edge to process WebRTC + CMS app traffic. 

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.