Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS - WebBridge Guest access needs flush DNS

Schpice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm deploying a cluster of CMS servers (2xCMS1000 and 1xCMS) and I'm facing to a strange behavior.
My customer doesn't need to login throught the Webbridge and just need Guest access method on the Webbridge.

I have noticed Webbridge for Guest access doesn't work as expected, sometimes when I brownse the URL "join.exemple.com", the guest access method doesn't appear on the webbridge portal, that means no "join" button appears on the web page too, just the "sign-in" method appears even thought I have disabled it because my customer doesn't need it.

I have noticed errors on both CMS servers, when I login as admin : "Web bridge connection to "join.exemple.com" failed (Authentication failure)
I have found if I flush DNS on both CMS servers, the error just below disappear, the "join" button appears on the CMS Webbridge page and then meetings can be join as Guest access.
If I wait few minutes/hours, I can see again the error "Web bridge connection to "join.exemple.com" failed (Authentication failure) on the CMS Web admin portal and then I have to flush again DNS to make Guest access work again.

My DNS configuration looks correct and each CMS server is able to resolver "join.exemple.com.

Someone would have an idea about this issue ?? Is this a bug of known issue ?

Thanks
Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

yes this is what I did, I have added a Static DNS entry in CMS itself, but I don't know why it's mandatory to do this because DNS resolution is working with this fqdn.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi

can you add the DNS entry of web bridge manually in the callbridge and check

Hello,

yes this is what I did, I have added a Static DNS entry in CMS itself, but I don't know why it's mandatory to do this because DNS resolution is working with this fqdn.

Regards

even i am not sure why its happening but this needed for sometimes

Hmm. I do find it strange that you have to do this.  How many webbridges are you deploying?  Are you deploying on each of the CMS's you mention, or are you just deploying just one?  Just curious cause the auth failure typically means that the trust on the webbridge its trying to connect to doesn't have that cert.  Just curious as to how you are deploying it is all. 

VR

P2

Hello,

Yes it's a strange behavior

I have deployed 2 Webbridges.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: