cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS WebRTC Guest not connecting

anthonykaune
Level 4
Level 4

I am attempting to get a guest session to a space to work over WebRTC.  I get option to Join, or sign in.  I select Join.  Then enter the ID that I assigned to the space, and the passcode (although I have tried without having a passcode and the problem is the same).  Then it asks me for "Your Name" I enter something there and click join call.  Then it will tell me "Unable to connect - Try again later"  I have checked the CMS logs and there does not seem to be any indication of what the problem could be.  Anyone seen anything like this before?  

16 Replies 16

I got it working.  Thanks for the info on the log file, I did not know about that.  I saw the error in there that it could not find one of the SRV records.  I went to the command line and did a DNS lookup and it did resolve.  Flushed DNS and still no change.  I had setup the SRV records rather quickly so I just pointed the SRV record to the IP of the CMS.  It looks like CMS was trying to resolve whatever is returned from the SRV lookup even if that is already an IP,  so I changed the SRV to point to a FQDN of CMS that I did have an A record setup for, and then it was happy and things are successful.  

This does raise the question again of does CMS need to be in its own little subdomain that is different from CUCM and IMP?

glad you figured it out, that logging can be helpful. As far as the CMS needing its own subdomain goes, as long as you have XMPP clients that need to get to either CUCM or CMS then yes, you will need to separate out the XMPP domains. Now, if you planned to only use WebRTC clients for CMS you could probably get around it by overriding the DNS SRV records on the CMS server itself but I'd guess that could burn you later if you decide to allow full CMS clients too. We have a Lync XMPP domain, a VCS XMPP domain and a CMS one so we use something like:

Lync - domain.com

CMS - cms.domain.com

VCS - vcs.domain.com

Steve