cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec C20 - Internal Multipoint

Martin Rouleau
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if it's possible to limit the ability of codec C20 (TC5.1.6) to make an audio call when a video call is already active.  I tried to put "Multipoint Mode" option to "off" but without success.  The C20 is still able to make an audio call when a video call is already active.

Thanks.

Martin R.

7 Replies 7

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Martin! (nice first name, btw!)

Though there is a xstatus, there is no xcommand for the max ammount of calls allowed:

xstatus SystemUnit State MaxNumberOfCalls

The only workaround I see for now would be to define an invalid multiway address like:

xConfiguration NetworkServices MultiWay Address: invalid

(on the webinterface you should find it under: NetworkServices MultiWay Address)

At least this also limits the above mentioned info to 1

Btw, the sysem might still be able to get an new call signalled or dial out by placing

the active call on hold, not sure if there is a workaround for that.

This might help as long there is not a better answer. If there is none think of reaching out

to your Cisco Partner so they can file a feature request for you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Martin,

The feature of an additional audio call was introduced in TC 5 (As far as I remember), if you do not wish to have that feature, you can downgrade to TC 4.2.2 and then you will not be able to make the audio call. You can try and let us know if that works for you.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Mubashshir,

how are you? Risky in this thread to refer to Martin :-)

Btw, TC4.2.2 is deferred:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc4/release_notes/tc4xx_deferral_notice.pdf

Anyhow that feature was introduced with TC4.0.0 and I would not really recomend to downgrade feature wise.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc4/release_notes/codec_c-series_tc_software_release_notes_tc4.pdf

I still stick to what I have written above :-)

I am doing well Martin,

Thanks for the correction. Yep, it was in TC 4, my bad

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

thobonho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

Try to set the Multipoint Mode to Off, that should do the trick:

xconfiguration conference multipoint mode: off

That seems to be a new setting in TC5.1

Conference [1..1] Multipoint Mode

Define how the video system handles multipoint video conferences. MultiWay requires that your video network includes an external Multipoint control unit (MCU), which let you set up conferences with many participants.

Requires user role: ADMIN

Value space:
Off: Multipoint conferences are not allowed.
MultiWay: Use MultiWay for multipoint conferences. The Multipoint Mode will be set to Off automatically if the MultiWay service is unavailable, e.g. when a server address is not specified in the NetworkServices MultiWay Address setting.
Auto: Use MultiWay for multipoint conferences if the MultiWay service is available. If not, the multipoint mode is set to Off automatically.

Example: Conference 1 Multipoint Mode: Auto

Though I would test if its also removing the additional telephone participant

For older systems (or if it does not work) the workaround with

xConfiguration NetworkServices MultiWay Address: invalid

should work as well

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your interest in my question. Unfortunately, putting the Multipoint Off doesn't seem to block the ability of C20 to initiate an audio call when a video call is active.  I wonder what this option really does?  However, the fact of configuring a false Multiway has changed the behavior of C20.  In that case when a conference is active and a user tried to make a call the C20 put the conference in waiting and create a new conference.  In my case, I prefer this behavior because an enduser can't introduce a new participant into an active conference.

Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: