cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec Pro Codec

GeneKim884856
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, does the Cisco Codec Pro, have USB outputs?  I wondered if the Codec Pro Codec offers a passthrough for video and audio to a computer?  or what are the USB ports used for?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Codec Pro's USB connections are generally for use for things like RS-232 adapters (for serial control of the codec), or for connecting third party devices like a keyboard or USB remote.

There is a way to get the Codec Pro to work as a Web Camera on a PC, but it requires addition of a number of 3rd party components and macros to make it work.   There is a Webex Teams Space devoted to this - join with https://eurl.io/#L6Rcn39Rn 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you, for this reply. I'm not seeing anything related to my request ?

Gene you need to sign up for Webex Teams (it's free) and then use the link Wayne gave you to join the space that has the information you are looking for. There are stored documents there and you can ask questions, people will answer. 

How do I disable the time out feature on the touch 10? When in USB pass through it times out and screensavers takes over the touch 10. 

thank you 

I suggest you utilize the space Wayne gave you above - everyone in that space is there because they're trying this or interested in it.