Hello,

What is the difference between;

Webex Codec Pro – No Radio No Crypto, CS-CODEC-PRO-NR-K7=, TTC6-13

abd

Webex Codec Pro – TAA, No Radio, CS-CODEC-PRO-NR++, TTC6-13

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Scott Nieto wrote:

Yes, so it appears there are seven different Codec Pro spares, right?

Not quite - there are 5 options of how to order a "new" unit (those that you listed).

Then, if you need to order a spare/replacement (to replace an existing codec), you would order one of the two "spares" versions and transfer the licencing from the old one to the new one.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Thanks, but sorry that doesn't help. What is the difference between the spare and...

Webex Codec Pro – TAA, No Radio, CS-CODEC-PRO-NR++, TTC6-13 

AFAIK Webex Codec Pro – TAA, No Radio, CS-CODEC-PRO-NR++, TTC6-13 can only be ordered to a  TAA Designated Countries. You can search google to find the list of countries which are included in TAA.

Response Signature

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe the difference between the two that you are looking for is the first one doesn't come with Crypto (K7), but the second TAA compliant one does (K9).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

There are five listed as non-options;

Webex Codec Pro - GPL, CS-CODEC-PRO+
Webex Codec Pro, No Radio – GPL, CS-CODEC-PRO-NR+
Webex Codec Pro – TAA, No Radio, CS-CODEC-PRO-NR++
Webex Codec Pro – TAA, CS-CODEC-PRO++
Webex Codec Pro, No Radio, nonencrypted – GPL, CS-CODECPRO-NR-K7+

...and then two listed as spare options;
Webex Codec Pro, CS-CODEC-PRO=
Webex Codec Pro – No Radio No Crypto, CS-CODEC-PRO-NR-K7=

@Scott Nieto wrote:

Not quite - there are 5 options of how to order a "new" unit (those that you listed).

Then, if you need to order a spare/replacement (to replace an existing codec), you would order one of the two "spares" versions and transfer the licencing from the old one to the new one.

Wayne

That's interesting, thanks. But now that leads me to wonder how I would order a TAA compliant replacement for a Codec "Plus" when there is no spare TAA compliant codec listed for the Plus.

Only an issue if you have "TAA" devices that you need to worry about (thankfully I don't) - Ideally you'd have it under a service contract and just get a replacement through TAC.

Wayne

Yes, I'm DOD, all TAA, we have a contract and it's not a problem. These days, it's not uncommon for contractors to suggest replacing SX80s with Codec Plus and then also buy the entire "spare" kits with cameras when we only need the codecs. 
In my opinion, all SX80s should be replaced with Codec Pros.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: