Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec Service Contract Status shown as Unknown in TMS

david
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have a Cisco MX200 that we have recently installed and we procured 3 years maintenance/service contract with the unit via our Cisco Partner.  TMS is currently showing this codec maintenance/service contract status as unknown.  We have verified via the Cisco Partner that they have registered the codec with Cisco and we have also been given the contract number for the unit.  However TMS still shows the status as unknown.

The partner has stated they have rerequested the registration of the maintenance/service contract with Cisco but still not getting any update on TMS.  All other registered codecs are reporting their maintenance/service contract status OK.  Advice please on how to get this issue resolved.

Many thanks

Regards

David                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

Open a TAC case and provide the serial number of the device to TAC and they will chase the case with Cisco IT who is responsible for these type issues. The database record for this device needs to be updated.

regards, Ahmad

View solution in original post

I've been through this on a number of occasions, in all of my cases it was caused by the minor- and the major- serial numbers not being linked in the Cisco database.

In the end I opened a TAC case using TMS serial number, stating that TMS was not showing correct service contract status for the following systems and listed all the serial numbers of the systems in question.

Eventually got fixed by a combination of the contract and the licensing team and me refusing to take no for an answer.

I've PM'd you some additional info.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

ahmashar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

Open a TAC case and provide the serial number of the device to TAC and they will chase the case with Cisco IT who is responsible for these type issues. The database record for this device needs to be updated.

regards, Ahmad

Ahmed,

thanks for response.  I have asked for the supplier to raise a TAC case as you have advised and this is the response I have had from them:

"I’ve raised a case and Cisco have immediately closed it stating that it is already associated."

We have forced TMS to update the service contract details but still showing as unknown.  I have also tried to log a TAC case regarding this myself this evening but the contract number that the codec serial number is registered with is not associated to my CCO account so I can't raise a TAC case directly.

Are you able to advise what else I can do in relation to this?  I will also contact our Cisco Account Manager to see if they can assit.

Hellu David,

try below steps:

check the serial numero of your device. check the contract status on cisco .com. if its under contract.

then try below mentioned steps:

try to update manually

administrator setting > network > automatic software update.

now if you want to open a TAC case. open a case with TMS serial no.

did you do an RMA of ths unit. if yes.. make sur contract is tranfffred.

hope this help u

Dorte..

I've been through this on a number of occasions, in all of my cases it was caused by the minor- and the major- serial numbers not being linked in the Cisco database.

In the end I opened a TAC case using TMS serial number, stating that TMS was not showing correct service contract status for the following systems and listed all the serial numbers of the systems in question.

Eventually got fixed by a combination of the contract and the licensing team and me refusing to take no for an answer.

I've PM'd you some additional info.

/jens

TAC are working through this for me know with Cisco IT.  The person who has out TAC Case has 3 different customers with exactly the same issue at the moment.  they have taken logs, wireshark traces, etc..... so hoping this will be resolved soon.

+5 for sharing

/jens

Hi David,

I'm seeing the same problem with two newly added codecs in TMS 14.2.2. I have verified they show under contract in Cisco.com.  Could please share the final resolution?

Would like to know if this is something we can fix ourselves or we definitely need Cisco to fix it.

Thanks in advance

Oscar

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

I'm also having such an issue with one customer. I started to troubleshoot and wanted to check, what the TMS Web Updater service responds. I created an groovy skript to check the results, but haven't got the chance to compare it to the infos in TMS yet. I'll check it tomorrow.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards, Paul

david
Level 1
Level 1

OK so the issue is still ongoing and we have a WebEx scheduled with Cisco IT/TAC/our Cisco Partner on Monday pm (BST).  It appears there is a known bug, but don't have a bug ID, that affects 6.1 and 6.2 release trains of the endpoint software.  We have been requested to down grade to 6.0 but still facing the same issue.

Hoping they can come up with something on Monday.  Will feed back what they find

All,

finally had this issue resolved today.  After approximately 6 weeks of chasing the supplier and escalating within Cisco via Tac and our account team it was agreed that this was a mismatch between the major and minor release information within the Cisco IT backend database.  TAC were not able to resolve this and had to push over to Cisco IT.

For anyone else with the issue Cisco IT have confirmed this problem as a known issue and it relates to changes that have happened in relation to the way Service Contracts are tied up on the backend Cisco IT system.  My advice is to get this logged with TAC, then push them to get Cisco IT to resolve and if needed escalate up inside Cisco via your account team.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Yup, thats exactly the same problem I've had on a number of occasions, so these days that's the first thing I ask TAC to check.

/jens

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App