cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codian 4520 Event Display Filter Not Changing

mfisher
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Codian 4520 on 4.5  (1.85)  that does not seem to take my changes to the display event filter.  The capture filter is all set to just errors and warnings.  but display filter is stuck on detailed trace.  i make the change, it takes but then reverts shortly after.  I do not use conductor and TMS is not pushing any config.  Any reason why this could be happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The display filter doesn't have any affect on what is captured in the event logs, instead it's used to limit what you see in them within the web interface, for example, you can set it to just show you errors only or detailed trace (everything). 

Any reason you don't want it to be set to detailed trace?

When you change the detailed trace option, I believe it should take you to the event log to see the filtered results. I tested on a TelePresence Server that has the same options and from what little testing I did, it seemed to change back to detailed trace at one point, but I couldn't reproduce it, so maybe I didn't hit the update setting button to save the changes. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The display filter doesn't have any affect on what is captured in the event logs, instead it's used to limit what you see in them within the web interface, for example, you can set it to just show you errors only or detailed trace (everything). 

Any reason you don't want it to be set to detailed trace?

When you change the detailed trace option, I believe it should take you to the event log to see the filtered results. I tested on a TelePresence Server that has the same options and from what little testing I did, it seemed to change back to detailed trace at one point, but I couldn't reproduce it, so maybe I didn't hit the update setting button to save the changes. 

Correct, however the information being displayed is flooding the information within the 20 pages that we use for log analysis. IE if i lower webpage criteria for errors only it reverts back after a few minutes.  Regardless the display function should hold my desired criteria and it is not. It should be pretty straight forward so im a bit confused why the bridge is acting this way. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: