Views
Helpful
Replies

Codian ISDN GW 3241 rejecting Registration

thewizardhunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm new here and hope you can help me out. I have a Codian ISDN GW 3241 and have been trying to register my Polycom HDX 7000 MCU with the gatekeeper but keep getting the a message from the MCU saying "The gatekeeper has rejected the system's attemp at registration". I have 3 Tandberg MCUs and they all registered without a problem.

I've check the logs on the Codian ISDN GW 3241 and this is what I can see but can't make head or tail of it.

2707 13:37:05.115  GATEKEEPER Trace Got RRQ from IP Address: 10.1.152.8 Port: 1719

2708 13:37:05.116  GATEKEEPER Trace Sending RRJ(invalidCallSignalAddress) message to IP Address: 10.1.152.8, Port: 1719

2709 13:37:05.116  GATEKEEPER Trace UDP gk tx fn 0x533D000+29

2710 13:37:11.465  GATEKEEPER Trace UDP gk rx fn 0x593FEDF0+167

2711 13:37:11.466  GATEKEEPER Trace Got RRQ from IP Address: 10.1.152.8 Port: 1719

2712 13:37:11.467  GATEKEEPER Trace Sending RRJ(invalidCallSignalAddress) message to IP Address: 10.1.152.8, Port: 1719

Any ideas will be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rob

4 Replies 4

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

HI Robert,

Just to re-iterate the issue :-

You have got 3 MCU's which are registered to your VCS ( Gatekeeper)

Now you are trying to register your ISDN GW to VCS which is failing ?

I have few questions for you:-

• Which Gatekeeper you are using ? Is it Cisco VCS or other?
  • 10.1.152.8 - Is it your ISDN GW IP?
  • Could you tell me which registration schema you are following while registering devices to Gatekeeper?

Just to add - You need to use a unique Service Prefix while registering ISDN GW with Gatekeeper.

Hope it helps. Any other information will also be beneficial.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your rapid response. Just to clarify 10.1.152.8 is the IP Address of the Polycom HDX 7000 VCS which I am trying to register to the gatekeeper on the Codian ISDN GW 3241.

The Gate keeper I am using is the built in gatekeeper in the Codian ISDN GW 3241.

10.1.152.8 is the IP for the Polycom HDX 7000 VCS

With regards to you last question I've listed the settings enters on the Polycom HDX 7000 VCS to register to the Codian gatekeeper.

H.323 Settings

Enable IP H.323: Checked

Display H.323 Extension: Checked

H.323 Name: XXX

H.323 Extension (E.164):  XXXXXXXXXXX

Use Gatekeeper: Specify

Authentication: None

Current Gatekeeper IP Address:  (Empty

Primary Gatekeeper IP Address:  10.1.152.4

Could it be that there is NAT or some application layer gateway in between the endpoint and the isdngw?

The GK of the MCU will not support NAT/Assent/h460.18, ... and such layer3-h323 functions should also

not be in place, in short it should be a fully transparent routed ip connection.

Btw, I am not sure if the integrated GK supports h.323 name, so trying to only use the e164 number

(or also just to test only the name) might be interesting as well.

To pick up on Saurabhs comment, I would also recommend to use a VCS-C or -E, that a great device to be used as a GK.

If this was a helpful answer, please rate it using the stars below and set the tread to answered if it is!

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Very much Martin. I amended the IP Settings on the Polycom MCU and Bingo, it registered with the Codian

isdngw. For those with future issues follow Martins's advice. In Polycom MCU go to Network-> IP Network->Firewall.

From here under the NAT Configuration settings it has to be manual. I had mine set to automatic. Below are what I have set mine to for registration to isdngw to be accepted.

Firewall

Fixed Ports:  Checked

TCP Ports:  xxxx to  xxxx (Change xxxx to your preferred)

UDP Ports:  xxxx to  xxxx (Change xxxx to your preferred)

Enable H.460 Firewall Traversal:  not checked

NAT Configuration: Manual

NAT Public (WAN) Address:  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Put your NAT public IP for the unit here)

NAT is H.323 Compatible:  checked

Address Displayed in Global Directory: Public XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Enable SIP Keep-Alive Messages:  Checked

Again,

Many thanks Martin for your valuable help