Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Combining 2 camera sources into one feed

Okay, I am going to try to explain this.  If my terminology is incorrect please let me know. 

I support video conferencing in courtrooms and correctional centers.  Our basic layouts go like this:

• Court houses and lawyers have 2 set ups in separate rooms
    • Courtrooms generally run SX80, C60 or older MXP codecs with 2 cameras, on pointed at the judge and one at lawyers/gallery. 
    • Interview rooms have video phones, everything from 150MXPs to DX70s and EX60s
  • Correctional cells have 2 units
    • SX20 connected to a monitor for connection to courtrooms for actual court proceedings
    • DX70 for lawyer interview

I am looking for a cheap solution to composite (may be the wrong term) the two video sources into one stream.  My goal is to have one output so that it can be sent to video phones or out to Jabber Guest connections.

Am I out to lunch or is this a thing?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unless you have a need to run the most up to date software, you can downgrade to TC software.

Your only other option is to use third-party hardware to composite the multiple video inputs into a single output that can be sent to the codec, for example a Crestron HD-WP-4K-401-C.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The C60 and SX80 (TC software only) can composite any of their video inputs into a single video stream using TC Console, if you're looking to join the courtroom cameras together into a single video stream.

However, if you're looking to have someone connected to the conference that is taking place between the courtroom and correctional cell, with them either using a video phone or Jabber Guest, the conference will then need to be hosted on a Multisite enabled endpoint such as the C60, SX80, or MXP or a conference bridge such as an MCU, TelePresence Server, or Cisco Meeting Server.

The problem is that the video phones will only show one source at a time, so either the camera or presentation source.  TC won't work because some of our SX80s have the new software.  I was really hoping someone had some ideas for a cheapish video server that would take two HDMI feeds and combine them into one.

Unless you have a need to run the most up to date software, you can downgrade to TC software.

Your only other option is to use third-party hardware to composite the multiple video inputs into a single output that can be sent to the codec, for example a Crestron HD-WP-4K-401-C.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: