Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Commonly used CPLs

Is there a list of commonly used or examples of  CPL's that people have used?

There have been plenty of old posts with tons of examples, but for whatever reason, some of them are not showing up correctly when trying to browse old posts.

I was wondering if anyone has made a doc to show examples of CPL usages on the forum?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When they migrated the forums to a different platform last  year, it screwed with a lot of old posts that contained data like CPL examples etc.

Recently everyone has been getting incoming call attempts from a source identified as "cisco", or the usual numbers@domain.  Attached is a CPL script I use for our VCS Expressway to block both call types.  The \d+@domain might have to adjusted for your dial scheme, as we don't dial using E164 aliases or have just numbers in our aliases, so I have it set to block any alias that contains just numbers in front of our domain.  For reference, \d matches any decimal digit, and + matches 1 or more repetitions of the previous character.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When they migrated the forums to a different platform last  year, it screwed with a lot of old posts that contained data like CPL examples etc.

Recently everyone has been getting incoming call attempts from a source identified as "cisco", or the usual numbers@domain.  Attached is a CPL script I use for our VCS Expressway to block both call types.  The \d+@domain might have to adjusted for your dial scheme, as we don't dial using E164 aliases or have just numbers in our aliases, so I have it set to block any alias that contains just numbers in front of our domain.  For reference, \d matches any decimal digit, and + matches 1 or more repetitions of the previous character.

There is a syntax error in your file

<taa:rule origin="\d+@example.com reason="Denied by policy"/>
    </taa:rule>
    <taa:rule unauthenticated-origin="\d+@example" destination=".*">
 <reject status="404" reason="Denied by policy"/>

Should it be like this?

<taa:rule origin="\d+@EXAMPLE.COM" destination=".*">
    <taa:rule unauthenticated-origin="\d+@EXAMPLE.COM" destination=".*">

Sorry about that, when I uploaded the file, I quickly edited it removing information that wasn't pertinent to you, and obviously I removed a bit too much and broke the script.  What you have in your post is correct, I've also uploaded the file again with the corrections fixing the script.