Views
Helpful
Replies

Conductor and 2 CUCM clusters design

nuinoahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I need you input regarding a design question from conductor with 2 CUCM clusters.

We have a running solution with 1 CUCM cluster + 1 Conductor + 1 vTPS.  This is setup as per cisco design documents and we have 2 SIP trunks (1 for Scheduled and 1 for Ad-hoc meeting).  All is working fine.  Conductor is with not licensed one as there is no cluster and we have only one vTPS.

We are adding a second CUCM cluster for our customer and we would like to suggest suggest conductor redundancy and adding a second vTPS.

Few options are possible here:

Option 1- For second CUCM cluster, add second conductor (Not clustered with first one) + add second vTPS as resource.  In this case can this conductor be added to the TMS? (We will have then 2 conductors in the same TMS).  Can we use Conductor 1 for meeting with devices registered in CUCM cluster 1?  and use conductor 2 for meeting with devices registered in CUCM cluster 2?  Using IP Zone can make it right?  Is there a way to have some kind of redundancy in this case? 

Option 2- Add second Conductor and create a cluster.  Then add 2 more sip trunks to second CUCM cluster. and add second vTPS to the new conductor cluster.   How can I make vTPS 1 used by meetings with endpoints from CUCM Cluster 1 and vTPS 2 for endpoints from CUCM Cluster 2.  Also I need to have redundancy so if we lose a vTPS the second one can take the meetings from both clusters. Is this possible?  how can we setups this?  Having two pools?  Pools  = vTPS1 then vTPS2  and Pool 2 vTPS2 then vTPS1?

If you have other options in mind please share your thinking.  Thanks.

Regards,

Ahmed

0 Replies 0