Helpful
Replies

Conductor with scheduled conferences and virtual rooms on the MCU's

rasimyigit
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

we deployed a conductor with 2 MCU's.

The MCU 1 was for the scheduled conferences and MCU 2 was intended for multiway / adhoc. Now we have to deploy the conductor(x.2.2.) for Adhoc/Multiway and Scheduled conferences about the TMS 14.3. Take out when I configure conducotr with the MCU's, the allow the nummeric registration on the MCU must be unchecked. But while I lose my existing registrations of the existing virtual rooms on the MCU's.

How i can handle a conductor using and existing virtual rooms or i must create about the conductor the virtual room?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rasim,

you can have an alternate approach and create a conf alias/es matching to your current virtual conf room id's.

and then this in turn will be bind as usual to conf template and pools.

this way when the conductor see the number dialed it will launch the conf on MCU's. please note you need to add proper search rules to send calls to condcutor.

one also important consideartion are you using policy service or B2BUA?

rgds

Alok

Hi Alok,

i try it now to change the deployment with B2BUA.

For my need could that be better

Rasim,

B2BUA is the recomended delpoyment as we move towards enhancing the solution for CUCM as well.

i wll suggest you to go for B2BUA only.

Rgds

Alok

Hi,

It is strongly recomended to use Conductor B2BUA deployment model, specially with TMS 14.3 and XC 2.2.

Take a look at the release notes of the TMS 14.3:

Page 2 -http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/release_note/Cisco_TMS_release_notes_14-3.pdf

Furthermore, as I stated in another topics, according to the Conductor's deployment guides, the CPL deployment model will be discontinued in a future release, then, I strongly recommend you to use the new B2BUA deployment model, so that you can avoid an effort in the future to migrate from the old deployment to the new one.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: