Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Me "CDEP: Unable to degrade further"

Hi all,

One of our customer says that the quality of video sent from MCU4220 via Conference Me is very low.

They tried some bandwidth between the PC and the MCU, but results were same.

On the diagnostics of Conference Me of the PC, we can see "CDEP: unable to degrade further".

Does this message mean the PC requires more low quality video but the MCU can't degrade video quality any more?

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

5 Replies 5

FYI)

I found a workaround for this.

I downloaded an older Conference Me application from an older MCU and installed it on the PC.

Then dial to newer MCU.

It worked well.

I guess older Conference Me application does not require as much CPU/GPU power as newer application.

Hi Kotaro,

Which versions of Conference Me were you using and what version did you find that was better?  What software is your MCU4220 running?

Thank you.

David Stout

Hi David,

At that time we had no MCU4200 so we used ConferenceMe 1.0(1.2) downloaded from MCU4510 3.1(2.13) instead and it worked fine.

Now I compared Confence Me version 1.0(1.2)  to Confence Me version 1.2(1.4)  downloaded from MCU4501 4.4(3.49).

Starangely Conference Me 1.0(1.2) can receive larger video than 1.2(1.4)

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

Hey,

where can i get this version of ConferenceMe friend? I have the same problem...

First, uninstall your ConferenceMe.

Then connect your PC to MCU 3.1(.2.13)'s ConferenceMe.

So it automatically downloads lower version of ConferenceMe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: