cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Now with SX10

Scott Wunschel
Level 1
Level 1

We just upgraded our Call Manager to v11 and want to be able to use Conference Now with our SX10 telepresence units. We've been able to do this from a desk phone and a cell phone without issue, but can't come up with a way to do this from an SX10. We can dial the Conference Now number, but we can't enter the meeting number after dialing into that number. We can press numbers on the remote and the system makes a beep after each number pressed, but the Conference Now is not receiving those digits and eventually times out.

Does anyone know if there is a way to pass all of the digits as a SIP URI? For example <ConferenceNowNumber>.<MeetingNumber>.<PINCode>@IPaddress?

If not, is there any other setting or change that can be made to the telepresence unit to make it accept digits after dialing a number. The SX10 is running the CE 8.1 firmware.

Thank you,

Scott

6 Replies 6

Scott Wunschel
Level 1
Level 1

We tried the same thing with an SX20 running TC7.3.5 and once the Conference Now number is dialed we get a message on the display saying "Your call has been put on hold."

Have you got the DTMF configured properly on your CUCM?>  Have a look at: Understanding SIP DTMF Options supported by CUCM.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The article you referenced is a little (ok, a lot) over my head. We did uncheck the "Media Termination Point Required" setting in CUCM for the SX10. After doing that, we are able to join the Conference Now, but all calls turn to audio only (Conference Now and plain ordinary point-to-point calls).

We checked that box again and we have video back, but Conference Now is broken again.

It sounds like something may just be misconfigured in our system. Maybe we should get someone from TAC to remote in and check our settings.

Thanks for you help. I think you have us going in the right direction.

The conference now facility only supports OOB DTMF as outlined in:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_0_1/sysConfig/CUCM_BK_C733E983_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide/configure___interactive_voice_response.pdf

MTP will break video, ensure the SX10 has a MRGL with MTP resources added this should use the MTP when hitting the conference now and not the 5320/video. If it still breaks video to the MCU check if you have early offer on the SIP Trunk and MTP is not allowed.

If that is still causing problems the last resort would be to test setting the CM Service parameter Duplex Streaming Enabled to True. I have used this for inbound B2B/jabber Guest Calls. Don't have an SX10 handy to test right now but worth a try for locally registered endpoints. I would restart the Call Manager and CTI services once this has been set. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw79671/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Scott,

This looks like a DTMF issue.

Can you tell me where is SX10 registered and what is the call flow?

Pause in Speed dial a feature in CUCM can be used to dial the number and then automatically send digitis later but in your scenario it might be a limitation.

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

The SX10 is registered to Call Manager so the issue seems to be between CUCM and the SX10. The video call will ultimately end up on our 5320 MCU, but we aren't getting that far.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: