rashmi.kumari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

we have a video infrstructure in which there is a

1)VCS control verX7.1

2)VCS expressway ver X7.1

3)TMS 13.2

we have recently upgrated tms 13.1 to 13.2 and installed TMS provisioning extension on TMS

After installation of provisioning extension, the vcs shown some alarms such as

1)configuartion alarm:

for provisioning to work properly ,authentication must be enabled on default zone and any other relevant zone to work properly that receives provisioning request

2)Configuration warning:

for phonebook request to work properly ,authentication policy must be enabled on default subzone; authentication must be enabled to default zone ,if endpoint is not registered.

3)Security alarm:

the connection to tms provisioning extension services is not using TLS encryption

what could be the configuartion error due to which it  showing authentication alarms. Please reply

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi

7 Replies 7

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rashmi,

the first two warning are a indication which is asking to change the default zone and subzone conifugration on the VCS!!

you should keep it as "check credentials"

what is the configuration you have on default zone and subzones??

the third warning is again a configuration saying the connection between the TMS and VCS is not TLS which means not encrypted..i think while doing the configuration you didn't choose to use under the connection settings!!

if you have to use TLS between TMS and VCS then you need to upload necessary certificates..

i hope it clarifies!

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the security warning of  TLS .

If need to enable the tls between TMS and VCS ,please provide any document regarding how to create and upload certificate  on vcs.

This document covers Certificate creation and upload -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Certificate_Creation_and_Use_Deployment_Guide_X7-2.pdf

It is easier to do with X7.2 than previous versions as a lot of work was done in that area, in the X7.2 timeframe.

Thanks.

Hi Rashmi,

The important part with x7.2 is that it now has a built in CSR (certificate signing request) page. using which you can generate the CSR for the VCS and then pass on this to the domain admin and they can issue the certificate for the VCS (.PEM file).

prior to x7.2 we ued to do this task using open SSL and which i definitely think is cumbersome process and x7.2 made life easier..

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

Please confirm on the bug on VCS 7.2 i.e. XML file in VCS 7.2 stops communication with TMS.

This was the feedack we received from one of Cisco  SE and decided to go for VCS 7.1 only.

Thanks,

Manish

Hi Manish,

Yes there is an issue with the feedback to TMS for CDR - see CSCub66229 for more information. This does not exist in X7.1, it is only in X7.2

So if you use that you may be better off staying with X7.1 - there are instructions for generating certificates in X7.1 in the document that I linked to above - the Certificate generation and use deployment guide.

Thanks,

Guy

Thanks Guy,

Acknoneledged.

Thanks,

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: