cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configured Ethernet speed

tornygard1
Level 1
Level 1

We have 900 systems anything from mxp to room kit. I need to find out what Ethernet speed each system is configured With . TMS shows only what has been negotiated, not what they are configured With. Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There isn't a way to get the configured ethernet link speed of an endpoint in a nice easy view within TMS, you'd have to manually check each endpoint, either using the Extended Settings of the managed endpoint or it's web interface.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

As far as I can see, the topic in that Link does not answer my question; How can I find out how each endpoint is configured in regards of speed and duplex settings, without logging in to each endpoint..

https://www.slideshare.net/KikiW2/configuring-cisco-telepresence-tc-and-te-software-based-endpints

At 27 pages

cli made from

I think you are not doing research

Yes, believe me, I hav done some research. but this is not answer to my question either. The point is, I don`t want to go through 900 systems manually to find out how they are configured.  Maybe I have to do som scripting, but I had hoped that I could find that configuration in overview report in TMS, which I can`t. The info I see is info about negotiated ethernet speed and duplex, and not what is configured.

you need to change it manually
the device itself does not change automatically
how do you know if you will use full duplex or half duplex

:)

so you have to change it manually

I don`t want to change it, and if I would, I would have used configuration templates in TMS.

I just want to know what they are configured with., and hopefully list it in an excel sheet. Are they configured 100/full, auto/auto or other?

TMS System Overview isn't going to get this for you, but a simple question that might make it easy for you: what is the standard at your (obviously large) organization with regards to switch port configuration? I'm guessing it's auto, I don't know of any company that does anything other than auto except perhaps with servers and network infrastructure. If I'm right and you aren't having any problems with video quality/packet loss, your endpoints are all set to auto (which is the default). If one was set to auto and the other was set to 100/full you would have a duplex mismatch as the auto side would go to half duplex and you'd surely have performance issues with any system with this problem. 

Hope this helps. 

There isn't a way to get the configured ethernet link speed of an endpoint in a nice easy view within TMS, you'd have to manually check each endpoint, either using the Extended Settings of the managed endpoint or it's web interface.