cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring TMSXE to only replicate conference on TMS?

habouzyad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want configure TMSXE with Exhange 2010, and the customer ask me if its possiblity to allow only receive on " outlook" the conference configured on the TMS? and deny scheduling conference form outlook?

If its possible, please send me how can i do the configuration.

thanks

cham

4 Replies 4

daleritc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Deny scheduling conference from Outlook ??

Defeats the entire purpose of having an Exchange Integration product with TMS...meaning the use of this product is so has to schedule telepresence systems from Outlook. And it's a synchronous tool.

Sorry but not sure I get or understand what you or the customer are tyring to achieve.

Hi Ritchie,

The end customer want that only administrators ( 3 people ) have the possibility to schedule a conference from outlook.

But the all end user, can only receive the scheduled conference on the outlook.

I don’t know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance

cham

Hi,

Unusual use case, but you should be able to do this by restricting booking access to only certain AD groups on the Exchange side.

Kjetil

Still defeats the purpose of having an Exchange Integration product with TMS, if your not going to allow your users to utlize it And no, we do not have a type of "ACL rules" to limit the use of those rooms in TMSXE. In short, it's a user tool so has to allow your users to book telepresence rooms and systems.

But if your talking about only allowing your admins to schedule telepresence conferences, then I'd simply use TMS only, i.e. less TMSXE. And when booking in TMS only, the behavior is that the one booking the meetng...in this case the admins...will receive the email plus an ICS file that they can forward to the other users so that they can add it to their calendars appropriately. Alternatively, and when making the booking and before you save the booking, you can add the user's email addresses to the booking and they will get all the information concerning how to connect to the conference in their mailboxes. i.e. the same email that the admin will get.

rgds,

Dale