cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect touchpanel from EX90 to C40. How?

Hi                 

I have a question about touch panel Cisco TelePresence Touch 8-inch for EX.

I have this panel (CTS-CTRL-DV8=) and I need connect this touch to C40.

Does anyone know of an adapter that will help connect my touch panel in the LAN and give power?

May be same injector uses in another cisco device?

Are somebody knows the scheme for the panel EX and contacts on the connector AMX?

many thanks for any idea ..

br. Oleksandr

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Oleksandr,

This is the Part ID for the Power Supply used for the Touch Panel in C Series Codecs :

PSU-DVC-POE13V=

I did not understand your second question :

Are somebody knows the scheme for the panel EX and contacts on the connector AMX?

Can you please explain briefly.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PID for above device is “PSU-DVC-POE13V=”.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Oleksandr,

This is the Part ID for the Power Supply used for the Touch Panel in C Series Codecs :

PSU-DVC-POE13V=

I did not understand your second question :

Can you please explain briefly.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

The touch panel from EX90 is connected with AMP plug (not AMX, sorry Mubashshir).
On my touch panel  I see  label 12V --0.8A.
Is correct use POE13V from    “PSU-DVC-POE13V=” ?

Br. Oleksandr

Yes, this is only adapter Cisco offer today for inTouch.

Hi,

In case you are using touch panel of EX90 on c40 over lan. you will not be able to use handset of touch panel.

Thanks

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don’t have Cisco PID but probably you are looking for POE13U-130-R.

This device convert between serial interface from touch control unit and RJ45 and also provide POE function.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

PID for above device is “PSU-DVC-POE13V=”.

Tomonori, Amlesh, or Mubashshir,

Unlike Oleksandr, I am looking to extend the reach of my touch panel that I have for the EX90 beyond the 120cm reach.  I would like to use the “PSU-DVC-POE13V=” PoE power supply/ethernet adapter discussed, but I want to make sure that it would work for my EX90 and the stock Cisco Touch 8 panel it ships with.

Essentially, I don't want to hook it up to the PSU if it's going to mess the touch panel up.

I saw a post in this thread that made me question whether or not it would work - https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2098588

Thank any one of you in advance for your assistance,

Arras

Hi Arras,

If you extend the Ethernet cable, you would be able to use the POE until and unless the touch panel and Ex90 have connectivity between them. The Pairing would take place as mentioned in the post which you have pasted. So the pairing would be on LAN and if the devices can ping each other, the pairing would be successful.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar
TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Arras,

you can go ahead and connect the same touch panel to EX90 and to the POE it will not mess up.

the only thing is when you connect actual EX90 touch to poe the cradle/Hnadset  does not works rest all works fine.

Thanks

Ravi kr.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: