Helpful
Replies

Connection lost with ExpressWay Cluster

denis.morgen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I deployed ExpressWay Cluster.

So, I have two ExpressWay-C and two ExpressWay-E.

I use Jabber in MRA.

Sometimes, I lost my instant messaging or telephone services.

In my second ExpressWay-C, I noticed that, sometimes, I have this error :

Alarm : Unified Communications SSH tunnel notification failure
Description : This system cannot communicate with one or more remote hosts: cluster-expe.firstcompany.com
State : Raised
Severity : Warning
Peer : This system
Action : Ensure that your firewall allows traffic from the Expressway-C ephemeral ports to 2222 TCP on the Expressway-E

But there are not firewall between ExpressWay-C and ExpressWay-E (it's off since cluster installation).

I compared DNS configuration between the first ExpressWay-C and the second, check if my certification is client and server (cf : https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12445371/unified-communcation-ssh-tunnel-failure), etc... I dont know why.

2 Replies 2

denis.morgen
Level 1
Level 1

I found the reason of the warning.

The certificate of the second ExpressWay-E had not the Unified CM registrations domains.

I have no warning now.

tim.frazee
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same issue with 8.9.2. Certs were good, DNS was also.

Turned out it was that my time zone was different between the E and C. I didnt notice until I started a diag log and noticed that the "start time" was different days. (central and UTC)

Set it all to UTC and I'm good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: