Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Server - Cannot delete recording

dagerson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi-

We accidentaly recorded an 8-hour session, now we cannot delete the recording from the interface.   Any ideas on how to remove it?  

thanks

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Should not be a problem, did you try to use the admin account via the web interface or what did you do?

Which version of the content server do you use?

Can you post a screenshot with how it fails?

Btw, you can set up a recoding alias with a maximum recording time, so if you know you will not exceed

a specific length you could think of using this in the future.

You can also edit the recording and crop it to the length you need it.

It should be possible to delete it manually as well, but for that I would recomend that you open a tac case.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin-

I am the admin for the box, and using that admin account in the web interface-  when you check the delete recording box, click ok, then nothing happens. You are just left looking at the recording, not deleted.  No error message. 

Thats good info on the recording time limit, i will look into that. 

I already deleted the ogg file from the E:/ drive thinking that might help, but nope.   This server is now offline and in transit to an event, is there a process you could send me to manually delete it?

thanks

If I would be stuck with such an error I would open a TAC case.

Guess you have some internal Cisco resources as well you could contact.

Did you try to restart the server and also check the logfiles if you see something suspicious?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I have seen this happen before with a recording. Could be a database issue. If you open a tac case they will be able to remove it for you.

Would need to look through the system logs to possibly figure out what caused this to happen.

--
Chad P.
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: