cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Server - TMS Overlapping Booking

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Telepresence Content Server S5.3 and TMS version 14.3.

We have created 5 Recording Aliases 88101 to 88105.

When we schedule a call from TMS, we have the option to chose which recording alias is required. We could see that, we are able to book the same recording alias more than once for the same time frame by different meetings.

So we end up in getting multiple calls to the same recording alias in the TCS and end up in failed recorded outputs.

Is this the way, the Recording aliases are handled at the TMS..?  Is there a way to avoid this.

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us more about your environment?

To my knowledge and experience, what you're seeing is expected, as a TCS recording alias can only be in one call at a time.  If you require multiple calls using the same template etc, suggest you create individual recording aliases for each conference you need one for.

Hi Patrick,

As i said, i have 5 recording alias.

The problem is, the TMS allows me to book the same recording alias multiple times. Still the call to the same recording alias succeeds from 2 different sources.

True, TMS does let you book them more than once.  I'm not entirely sure on the TCS side, how it's supposed to behave in this manner, all I can say is in the past, we've had issues when using the same alias at the same time as you're experiencing.

If you need more recording ports, you can add an additional 5 ports by purchasing: LIC-TCS-ADD5RP.  You'd still be limited to 2 live ports, that just added 5 offline recording ports.

Thanks Patrick,

My Concurrent recordings are only 2 at the max.

The main problem is, the TMS is unable to prevent the user from Booking same Recording aliases in overlapping times. Not sure if this is a Bug..?

Probably best to open a TAC case and see if they can determine if it is a bug, if you do, let us know what they say.