cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert SIP Call to H.323

khoabui76
Level 1
Level 1

Need advise on how to convert a SIP call to H.323 call.

I have a SIP incoming call to VCS-A and I would like the VCS-A to send the call to VCS-B as a H.323.  Can this be done and how?

Thanks,

Khoa

4 Replies 4

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Khoa

Please check VCS admin guide. All needed information is there:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco_VCS_Administrator_Guide_X7-2.pdf

Configuring SIP and H.323 interworking

The Interworking page (VCS configuration > Protocols > Interworking) lets you configure whether or not

the VCS acts as a gateway between SIP and H.323 calls. The translation of calls from one protocol to the

other is known as “interworking”.

Option keys

The Option keys page (Maintenance > Option keys) lists all the existing options currently installed on the

VCS, and allows you to add new options.

Options are used to add additional features to the VCS. Your VCS may have been shipped with one or more

optional features pre-installed. To purchase further options, contact your Cisco representative.

The System information section summarizes the existing features installed on the VCS. The options that

you may see here include:

H.323 to SIP Interworking gateway: enables H.323 calls to be translated to SIP and vice versa.

Thank you

Rafal

kntieche
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Khoa

In addition to making sure interworking is enable, if you need to force traffic through VCS-B to always use h323, you can also disable SIP on the neighbor zone between VCS-A and VCS_B to make sure the call goes through that VCS as h323.

It really depends on your overall scenario and requirement between the 2 VCSc

cheers

If H.323 Endpoint registered on VCS-B with E.164 alias (or H.323 ID without domain), you should have search rule on VCS-A to strip SIP domain (then let VCS-A to send LRQ to VCS-B with E.164 alias not full URL).

For example…, on VCS-A (assume SIP domain is “yourdomain.com”)

=====================================

Mode: Alias pattern match

Pattern type: Regex

Pattern string: (.+)@yourdomain\.com

Replace string: \1

Target: To VCS-B

=====================================

Make sure enable SIP-H323 interworking on VCS-B.

Thanks everyone!  However, I think there is video issue when convert a SIP call to H.323 call.  I have VCS backbone engineer worked with me but unable to resolve the issue.  Just waiting for the engineer to review the xconfigurations of both VCSs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: