Views
Helpful
Replies

CP 7970G Non-CallManager SIP 8.0(2)UNPROVISIONED-Would someone please reply

aqureshi1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just SIPed the new CP 7970, the process went OK. However, it keep on asking for a .tlv file that is the Security Certificate file which I don't have because I do not have CME. The second file it asks for is SEPMAC.cnf.xml file which I also don't have. Having looked at hundreds of various documents on the web, but couldn't find one that describes what each XML tag means in this file and what are the default settings for it. The phone keeps asking for thsi file from TFTP Server. The Menu SIP Configuration options on the Phone do not allow me to edit any of the settings.

My request to you is; if someone has a working SEPMAC.cnf.xml file for SIP, please do send me or point me in the right direction on how can I get the SIP working on this nice phone.

Thanks,

AQ

4 Replies 4

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

Try Resetting the IP Phone.Check the switch port to which the IP phone is connected.Also check the hardware,if so replace IP phone.

I did reset the phone a couple of times already. The phone is now directly connected to the Broadband Router port. The router has a DHCP Server and the IP Phone is getting the IP Address from it. Hardware seems to be fine, it's a brand new out of the box 7970G phone set, should I still replace it?

Could you pls send me a sample SEM.ctl.xml file for it?

joro
Level 1
Level 1
I've seen the unprovisioned message with SIP phones that were in Call Manager but had no DN configured on the phone.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
However, it keep on asking for a .tlv file that is the Security Certificate file which I don't have because I do not have CME.

Ignore the TLV file.  You don't need this.

The second file it asks for is SEPMAC.cnf.xml file which I also don't have.

You need to create this yourself.  Go to here for more information.  The SEPmacaddress.xml.cnf file is the same format as the 79X5G phones.

Don't forget to rate our useful posts. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: