Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8845 without CUCM

j.kremsner
Level 1
Level 1

Dear helpful Cisco-Community,

My company puchased 2 Cisco IP Phones CP-8845. Sadly our company does not have any CUCM. The current firmware installed on this device does not provide any change of settings regarding the SIP provider or make basically any changes to setup the device with third party providers. Does anyone have a link to a different firmware? And how to update this specific device? Or is it not possible to run this device without a CUCM?

Please forgive me my ignorance and I hope someone can help me with this situation.

Regards,

Jakob Kremsner 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Or is it not possible to run this device without a CUCM?

It is not only possible but it is "do-able".  Search this forum for "asterisk".  

Because the phones will be used for business purposes, I will refrain from providing any technical assistance on how to integrate these phones to non-Cisco call server.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Or is it not possible to run this device without a CUCM?

It is not only possible but it is "do-able".  Search this forum for "asterisk".  

Because the phones will be used for business purposes, I will refrain from providing any technical assistance on how to integrate these phones to non-Cisco call server.