Views
Helpful
Replies

CPL Script not working on Cisco expressway E

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to upload the script to block all PSTN call hitting on Expressway E to avoid any misuse,however the script is not coming into effect.

Attached is the script and please let me know if something is missed.

This is manually uploaded to expressway E

I have check multiple post in CSC and it seems one need to manually upload rather then creating via GUI.

For me both does not work and call is going through to ExpresswayC and CUCM.

I want to block call at Expressway E itself, when unauthenticated or unkown user sends the PSTN call starting from 9 and +.

Regards,

Raaj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to have something represented in the origin section, leaving it blank will only match calls that actually have an empty source field.

One alternative to using a source address that is supposed to be matched is to specify the zone the call is going through, in this case because it's an external call coming into the Expressway-E, the call will appear as coming from the Default Zone.

Replace:

unauthenticated-origin=""

With:

originating-zone="DefaultZone"

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The script didn't attach to your post.  Can you also provide examples of the PSTN address it's supposed to block.

Hi Patrick,

Attached is the xml file.

I want to block if any one send the call as \+(.*), 9(.*), 00(.*).

This is to avoid going through the B2B SIP Trunk and opening via local voice gateway.

CSS and other can do, however i want to drop at expressway E itself.

Regards,

Raaj

You need to have something represented in the origin section, leaving it blank will only match calls that actually have an empty source field.

One alternative to using a source address that is supposed to be matched is to specify the zone the call is going through, in this case because it's an external call coming into the Expressway-E, the call will appear as coming from the Default Zone.

Replace:

unauthenticated-origin=""

With:

originating-zone="DefaultZone"

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the valuable answer.

I see what mistake i made actually, I just followed some old XML file rather then taking it from the system after configuring via GUI.

Changes i made now is 

<taa:rule origin="" destination="9(.*)">
<reject status="404" reason="Denied by policy"/>
</taa:rule>

before it was 

taa:rule unauthenticated-origin="" destination="9(.*)">
<reject status="404" reason="Denied by policy"/>
</taa:rule>

I checked with XML script after configuring tin GUI and i noticed the point unauthenticated-origin="" should had been just  origin=""

Once i changed this and uploaded then i see the call on expressway E dropped as 

404 Denied by policy

This is something is achieved now, for same call i checked on exp C and i don't see the same call in call history.

Although the IVR i hear as a caller is something of CUCM, like please check the number you have dialed.

Unauthenticated users: leave this field blank to match any unauthenticated user. You cannot specify a pattern match for unauthenticated user addresses.

Do you think the default zone need to be entered.

Regards,

Raaj

"You need to have something represented in the origin section, leaving it blank will only match calls that actually have an empty source field."

Above is actually not true.

I tested this and it detects even we have something as calling number.

Regards,

Raaj

If the call is coming from an unregistered endpoint into the Expressway-E, the call will appear as unauthenticated.  You would need to check your search history to see if the incoming calls appear as authenticated or unauthenticated, then design your CPL to match.

• Authenticated: origin
  • Unauthenticated: unauthenticated-origin

You could add the default zone match, it's up to you, depends on how you would want to manage the CPL rules.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: