Views
Helpful
Replies

Create users via the CLI interface on a SX20

Jesper Arenskov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Are there some who know how to create users via the CLI interface on a SX20. You can do this via the web interface but I have many video installations where I need to create a user account. Therefore, it would be easiest if I can make it through the CLI interface. 

Best regards 

Jesper

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Unless there's a very well hidden command somewhere, then no. As far as I know, this can only be done for the remote supportuser account;

xcommand UserManagement ?
xCommand UserManagement RemoteSupportUser Create
    ExpiryDays: <1..31>
xCommand UserManagement RemoteSupportUser Delete
xCommand UserManagement RemoteSupportUser DisablePermanently
    Confirm(r): <Yes>
xCommand UserManagement RemoteSupportUser GetState

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

The question would be what he defines as a user, the linux-"old style root"-user or the endpoint/webinterface user.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi

It's endpoint / user web interface I want to create

/Br

Jesper

I think this question was asked here before.

I do not recall that its possible to add a user via the API or CLI, also did not find anything when I just browsed the documentation.

I would try to replicate the web session and hook up on to that. (using a script/programming language)

Maybe someone has a better idea, if not, talk to your Cisco partner or Cisco contact to check on / file a feature request.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: