Views
Helpful
Replies

create your own layout in an MCU 5320

Jesper Arenskov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a possibility to create your own layout in an MCU 5320

Regards

Jesper

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jesper,

Your question is generic, I am not sure what you mean when you say "your won layout".

However, Cisco Telepresence is very flexible when working with layouts. You can choose between 50 different layout and you can customize the select layout by choosing which participants will be shown on each frame of the layout. You also has option to change which participant appears on the main frame based upon the active speaker, or you can statically define which participants will appear on the main frame. Or you combine both things, you can statically define a participant to be shown on the main frame and the other participants to be shown on the other frames of the selected layout based upon the active speaker.

In addition, you can set the layout individually, I mean, each endpoint in the conference can have his own layout, as well as the users are able to change their layout using camera control commands (FECC) or sending dial tones (DTMF). That is really helpful in most conferences.

Well, considering layout features, I can say for sure, Cisco Telepresence MCU provides more options than any other multipoint solution, even another Cisco multipoint solutions, likeTelepresence Server, for example.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to what Paulo has said above, if you're asking if you can create another layout that isn't part of the predefined list, then the answer is no, but as he's mentioned, the ones that are there are pretty flexible and you should be able to find something that suits your purposes.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne...  this is exactly what I wanted to know.

I have lots of custom layouts... However, there are several ones that I'd like to create for a better experience...

I run into situations all the time where I say to myself... "Oooh... If I could only..." and have wishes for my own layouts.

If only we could suggest for future updates...

Thanks Paulo & Wayne!

For an MCU - no, there's no real way to request any more - especially with the MCU software going end of development and in to a maintenance only phase - with all the development now happening in the TelePresence Server product instead.

You could try to log a "feature request" via your Cisco Account Manager to have additional layouts defined in the new product.

If you want to migrate from your MCU to a TelePresence Server, there are options available to do so, but beware of the differences between an MCU and a TelePresence Server.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: