cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS 1.8 to C Series Codec TC5.0 registered to VCS Control X7.0

ahancock2309
Level 1
Level 1

When dialling between the CTS 1300 and C40 codec, the call always downspeeds to 384kbps.

The VCS sees the request for 6000mb but only allocates 384k.

There are no bandwidth limits configured in VCS or UCM as far as i can see.

Is this a limitation of CTS to C Series calls?

8 Replies 8

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Adrian,

I believe the CTS is registered to the CUCM and the C series is registered to the VCS. There must be a SIP trunk between CUCM and VCS. Is there any bandwidth restriction set on the SIP trunk?

Also, from TC 5 onwards, C series support native registration to the CUCM. Is it possible to register the C series directly with the CUCM and then attempt to make the call?

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

I will try this, but undermines the investment in the VCS. There is also an Expressway, MCU, TCS & TMS in the mix and these cannot register directly to UCM.

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Adrian,

What do you have datafilled on the VCS under VCS configuration > Bandwidth > Configuration page, "Default call bandwidth (kbps)" setting? And does changing it make any difference?

Thanks,

Guy

Have changed it to 6mb and also tried to turn off downspeeding, no change!

Any chance you could post the SDPs from the call set up?

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to question from Guy, do you see call with different bandwidth when initiating the call from C40? (Either specify higher bandwidth or just make a default bandwidth call)

It makes no difference as to which direction the call is created. The VCS sees the call at 6mb, allocates 6mb, but the media channels are limited to 384k

Adrian,

We have had this same problem recently with a CTS registered to CUCM and VCS registered endpoints.

I suspect that CUCM is taking the default video bandwidth from the service parameters - 384kbps.

Check your Region Video Bandwidth relationship between between your CTS' device pool and the device Pool on the SIP trunk to the VCS. 

Our SIP trunk Region within the device pool was actually set correctly, but i had to change it to another region, reset the trunk and change it back to it's original setting, reset the trunk again before it took the values.

we're managing to get about 4 Mbps.

hope this helps

Stuart

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: