Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS 1100 SSH login show passwaord expiration days

t.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I had the problem that whenever i login the CTS1100 via SSH it gives the password expiration days.Could you please tell where i can do the settings in CUCM so that this expiration error doesnot come.I had attached the screenshot of the same.

Regards

Tarun

3 Replies 3

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tarun,

To ensure that your system is protected when using Cisco TelePresence Command Line Interface (CLI), you must periodically update your password. The system alerts you to the number of days remaining on your current password in the login banner when you log onto the system.

The password life (the maximum age, in days) can be configured using new fields on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Cisco Unified CM) Device > Phone > Product Specific Configuration Layout > Secure Shell Information page:

SSH Admin Life

SSH Helpdesk User

SSH Helpdesk Password

SSH Helpdesk Life

The password expiration can be set to have a value between 0 and 365. A setting of 0 disables password aging, and the default is 60 days.

When the password age has expired, a warning message is shown briefly on-screen before logging out. Notice information is printed at login when there are 14 days or less remaining on the current password

The system issues a warning when 14 days remain on your current password, and so on until the password expires.

Hi Amit ,

The SSH admin life is already set to 0 still we are facing the problem.DO i need to change it again and reset or restart the codec from CUCM it self or will it work after save and apply in CUCM.

Please suggest do we need to restart the codec so that the cahnge can take place

Tyler Wilkin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tarun,

The terminology used in our documentation is "disabling password aging", which may imply that although the aging stops, the current password is already aged out. After you set the password expiration time to 0, the current password may still already be expired. Can you try to change your CLI password and see if you have any aging problems from then on?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/tx_sw/6_0/command_ref/tx_sw_cli_use.html#wp1059096

Edit: I appear to have bumped the wrong thread, but it looks like this was open for the same issue.