Views
Helpful
Replies

CTS 1300 how to register to VCS

vdorsa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recentely aquired a CTS-1300 and we need to register the cts to the VCS as a gatekeeper, we are running the CTS software 1.6 and VCS 7.1, is it possible?

Right now we dont want to register into our call manager, we really need to use the VCS instead, can this be accomplished by upgrading the software version on the CTS?

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

as per my knowlegde on CTS devices, you need to have a call manager to register it.

currently intergration with VCS is not possible.

View solution in original post

Amit is correct, it definitely only works with CUCM.

Any reason you need to register to VCS?

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Current specification, CTS1300 receive provisioning configuration from CUCM.

Therefore it only design to register CUCM only this point.

If you are looking for making a call between device on VCS, then you should configure SIP trunk between VCS and CUCM so that CTS Endpoint registered on CUCM able to make a call on device(s) registered on VCS.

BTW, if you are looking for CTS to register VCS for firewall traversal (i.e CTS behind firewall and doesn’t have direct link between CUCM without HW VPN solution), then this is solution that Cisco is currently working on and hope become available in near future.

6 Replies 6

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

as per my knowlegde on CTS devices, you need to have a call manager to register it.

currently intergration with VCS is not possible.

Amit is correct, it definitely only works with CUCM.

Any reason you need to register to VCS?

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Current specification, CTS1300 receive provisioning configuration from CUCM.

Therefore it only design to register CUCM only this point.

If you are looking for making a call between device on VCS, then you should configure SIP trunk between VCS and CUCM so that CTS Endpoint registered on CUCM able to make a call on device(s) registered on VCS.

BTW, if you are looking for CTS to register VCS for firewall traversal (i.e CTS behind firewall and doesn’t have direct link between CUCM without HW VPN solution), then this is solution that Cisco is currently working on and hope become available in near future.

vdorsa
Level 1
Level 1

!!! Thanks  for all your help!!!, i will use my UCM and see if it works, we already have the sip trunk between the VCS and UC.

You should use CUCM8.6.2 (and VCS X7) by minimum for SIP trunk between VCS, but prefer CUCM9.x as there are many improvement for interop, i.e. URL dialing.

Please make sure you configure SIP zone on VCS with “CUCM” for zone profile which VCS will automatically optimize the communication between CUCM.

For more detail, please check Cisco_VCS_and_CUCM_Deployment_Guide_CUCM available at Cisco site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: